The Kobra KB30 is a cost-effective code reader that can help you solve common problems surrounding check engine lights. Its compact size enhances its convenience while being incredibly cheap and cost effective. It allows you to solve basic maintenance and repair problems without having to spend a lot of time getting your car to a mechanic. The Kobra KB30 will quickly connect to your on board computer to retrieve the stored code and you will immediately know if there is an issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible so as not to affect your car’s performance.
- Accurate Results: Remove all check engine lights instantly! Transform your car into a Smart Car with this car diagnostic tool by KOBRA. With a database of over 3000 code definitions, this premium OBD2 Scanner reads generic and manufacturer-specific trouble codes and diagnoses your car like a pro.
- Diagnose in Seconds: Don’t be taken advantage of again! Know what is wrong your car before taking it to a mechanic. Unlike other car code readers, our obd2 scan tool is an all in one car code scanning tool. All you need is to attach the wired connection and you can diagnose any car problem in seconds!
- Plug-and-play: KOBRA KB30 is a plug-and-play code reader that is easy to use. KOBRA KB30 has no built-in battery. It uses your car’s battery to power up and scans your vehicle, which comes with an advantage as you will not have to wait for the battery to charge to perform a scan. It involves no complex controls or settings making it a good option for beginners. Plug it in and you’re good to go.
- Compact and Lightweight: This OBD2 OBD Scanner and Car Code Scan Tool makes using and storing this scanning reader a breeze. Fits in the glove compartment, trunk or your tool box. Easily check the ignition system, the automatic transmission, the fuel injection, and all other engine systems.
- Mechanic Approved: The KOBRA OBD2 car diagnostic code reader works with all 1996 – 2016 vehicles and is seamlessly compatible with ALL OBD2 / EOBD compliant US, European and Asian vehicles. OBD2 is standard on all cars sold in the US since 1996. Supports CAN, VPW, PWM, ISO and KWP 2000 protocols.
- Easy to Operate: This diagnostic car scanner comes with a user-friendly manual and a cable. Plug the device in, receive any problem codes, and interpret them via the booklet. Simple as that. Now you don’t have to be a mechanic to know what’s wrong with your car!
- Minimize Maintenance Costs: Forget about spending a small fortune at the dealer or mechanic shop. Reduce maintenance costs and tackle every automotive problem that might arise with this handy little scanner. Run a quick check of the car system and off you go.
- Clear The Check Engine Light: KOBRA KB30 eliminates uncertainties as you can instantly know the status of your car. Based on the retrieved codes, you will know if you can resolve the underlying issue or need advanced help. Moreover, you will significantly reduce the number of trips you make to a mechanic shop, eventually saving a lot of time.
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
This scanner does exactly what I expect it to do. I’m able to read codes on my 2005 GMC to see exactly what is throwing the alert on my pickup and then fix it. There are nicer ones available with better displays and all that, but I like simple and I get all the functionality I need from this thing for a really cheap price. I’d recommend this to anyone needing to fill those roles.
- Check Engine Light Eliminator: This Auto Scanner and Car Scan Tool retrieves both generic, as well as car manufacturer-specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), helping you overcome any troubleshooting with ease. You will be able to clear the “Check Engine” light indication and other trouble codes, effortlessly!
- Code Book: KOBRA KB30 has a unique advantage that most code readers lack. It has a booklet that defines all the diagnostic trouble codes. When you retrieve a code that you are not familiar with, you can always refer to the codebook. It means that you will not have to go online looking for the definition of the retrieved DTCs.
- Incredibly Fast: This code reader is incredibly fast. It means that you will not waste time waiting for the code reader to connect to your car. This code reader can retrieve a diagnostic code in less than 20 seconds.
- Compatibility: KOBRA KB30 is compatible with all the 1996 OBD2/EOBD vehicles. These vehicles can either be from US, Asian, or European vehicles. You will also notice that it is compatible with ISO, PWM, VPW, CAN as well as KWP 2000 protocols.
- CEL Codes: With this tool, you will be able to read and clear engine trouble codes without any difficulty. It works at a good speed and also allows you to reset the light.
- 100% Risk Free Purchase: Providing you with the friendliest customer service is our primary goal. This is why we offer you a 1 year money back guarantee in case our automotive scanner does not live up to your expectations, no questions asked! Reach out for any issues!
- Read and Clear Basic Codes: This code reader can read and clear basic codes from the engine and emission system. For instance, if you have a loose gas cap or a leak within the emission system, KOBRA KB30 will read and clear corresponding DTCs. It can also detect broken circuits or a blown-up fuse that are causing the Check Engine Light to come on.
|This code reader is really easy to use||It is not updatable hence can retrieve unrecognized codes|
|Comes with 1-year money back guarantee||It does not support advanced functions|
|It is small and truly portable||You will notice that is made from cheap plastic hence not durable|
|Plug-and-play hence no wasting time while waiting for the battery to charge||It has a small screen making it hard to read DTCs|
|This code reader can clear the check engine light||Fails to recognize the 2007 Chrysler model.|
|It has an efficient customer support|
If you are an average car owner looking to clear check engine light, KOBRA KB30 is the right tool for you.You will notice that the code reader can only perform basic functions.
- Question: Will this work on Renault Scenic or other Renault vehicles?
Answer: yes, from what I can see online the Renault Scenic is OBD compliant, however I have not tested myself as they are not common here in the US.
- Question: Can this work on a Hyundai H1 2018 Bus.
Answer: as long as it is OBDII compliant which all vehicles since 1996 have to. You are better off with a Foxwell510. It is a lot more expensive but really allows you to diagnose the system. The present tool just shows you the codes and lets you erase some. That’s it. No live data, no programming. Just that you know. It’s still a good deal for the 15$ price tag.