NEXAS NL101 is designed for car development code reader, support all 10 OBDII test mode (EVAP, oxygen sensor, I/M preparation, etc., for entry-level professionals and shrewd diy provides a very useful information, they can quickly and efficiently solve the problem of OBD2 / EOBD on today’s car, at the same time can also look for battery power. You can also view live and live color graphics engine data streams, covering a wide range of areas.
- Battery Check : NL101 can quickly check the battery health of the vehicle, read the current battery value, and give a level 6 battery warning.
- Car Coverage: NL101 obd2 scanner works on all cars, mini vans and light duty vehicles (OBDII & CAN) from 1996 and latest.
- OBD/EOBD 2 Modules in One: NL101 OBD2 Scanner supports full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions, read and erase fault codes, view I/M readiness, data stream, freeze frame data, retrieve auto vehicle information, O2 Sensor test to accurately locate bad O2 sensor, advanced on-board monitoring, and the EVAP test function which enable you initiate a leak test for the vehicle’s EVAP system.
- Rare Unique Battery Check: The NL101 Code Reader can read real-time battery voltage, monitor car battery health status, and give out 6 warning tips for your to maintain your battery. It offers such useful information for entry-level Pros and DIYer that they can quickly and efficiently troubleshoot OBD2/EOBD problems on vehicles, meantime also watches out the battery power situation.
- DTC Library & I/M: NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner can help you explain the “?” on All Live Data, Freeze Frame and etc. When you don’t know the meaning of the diagnosis, you can go to the DTC Lookup to find the error codes. Besides, you can One-Click the I/M Monitor to perform emission readiness status, indicate whether various systems related to emissions on the vehicle are operating normally, and are ready for inspection and maintenance testing.
- Support Multi-Languages & Vehicles: NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner supports English, Spanish, French, Deutsch, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Finnish etc. Works on all cars, mini vans and light duty vehicles (OBDII & CAN) from 1996 and latest – American cars released from 1996 years, European cars released from 2000 years and Asian cars released from 2006 years.
- Real-time Live Data in Graph: NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner will help you to check the car engine fault codes, displays the error code definition, finds out what caused and the result of the check engine light on, turn-off Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), provides you the solution and reduce/avoid maintenance costs. Show real-time live data in graph to diagnose your vehicle. Save Your Time and Your Money.
- Adjust the Screen Brightness: It’s normal that the screen can’t be seen clearly when you are outdoors in the sun. The same happens when we use mobile phones outdoors in the sun. Just adjust the screen brightness of the OBD2 scanner to the maximum.
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
This one is possibly the most simple and accurate of the bunch I have tried so far. The setup is like “take it out of the box and use it”, it really was that simple. The codes were easy to understand and the book and info you can get from their website made the whole thing a no-brainer.
- Live data show in Graph, the data are straightforward to know.
- Battery check, it is seldom to have in the same product.
- Multi-Languages, English, Spanish, French, Deutsch, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Finnish etc.
- A free protection case, you don’t need to pay for it, but most products on the market need to, that is the other product doesn’t have.
- NL101 can quickly check the battery health of the vehicle, read the current battery value, and give a level 6 battery warning.
- Mode 01 – Identifies the Powertrain information and shows current data available to the scan tool. This data includes: DTC set, status of on-board tests, and vehicle data such as engine RPM, temperatures, ignition advance, speed, air flow rates, and closed loop status for fuel system.
- Mode 02 – Displays Freeze Frame data. Same data as in mode 1,but it was captured and stored when a malfunction occurred and a DTC was set. Some of the PIDs for mode one are not implemented in this mode.
- Mode 03 – Displays the type of powertrain or emission related DTCs stored by a 5 digit code identifying the faults. There may be more than one response message if there are more trouble codes than will fit in the data bytes of the response message, or if there are more than one ECU computer responding.
- Mode 04 – Used to clear DTCs and Freeze Frame data. This clears all diagnostic trouble codes that may be set including freeze frame data and readiness monitors.
- Mode 05 – Displays oxygen sensor test results. This mode displays the oxygen sensor monitor screen and the test results gathered about the oxygen sensor. There are ten numbers available for diagnostics: 01) Rich-to-Lean O2 sensor threshold voltage. 02) Lean-to-Rich O2 sensor threshold voltage. 03) Low sensor voltage threshold for switch time measurement. 04) High sensor voltage threshold for switch time measurement. 05) Rich-to-Lean switch time in ms. 06) Lean-to-Rich switch time in ms. 07) Minimum voltage for test. 08) Maximum voltage for test. 09) Time between voltage transitions in ms.
- Mode 06 – Non-continuously Monitored Systems test results. There are typically a minimum value, a maximum value, and a current value for each non-continuous monitor. This data is optional, and it is defined by a given vehicle maker if it’s used.
- Mode 07 – A request for DTCs (pending) from Continuously Monitored Systems after a single driving cycle has been performed to determine if repair has fixed a problem. This is used by service technicians to verify repair was performed properly and after clearing diagnostic trouble codes.
- Mode 08 – This special Control Mode requests control of the on-board system, test, or component bi-directionally (where applicable). This mode is manufacturer specific.
- Mode 09 – Reports vehicle information. This information includes vehicle VIN number and calibration information stored in the vehicle ECUs.
- Mode 10 – Requests Emission-Related Diagnostic Trouble Codes with Permanent Status. This mode is required for all emissions-related DTCs. The presence of permanent DTCs at an inspection without the MIL illuminated is an indication that a proper repair was not verified by the on-board monitoring system.
- Work on all cars, mini vans and light duty vehicles (OBDII & CAN) from 1996 on and latest – European, American and Asian
- Uniquely featured with battery health check function, know your battery health status in 2 seconds
- Support all OBDII protocols: CAN, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, ISO9141 and KWP2000
- Troubleshooting tips guide technicians to the root of problems faster, saving diagnosis and repair time
- Read and erase generic codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific codes(P1, P3 and U1) and pending codes
- Easily determine the cause of the Check Engine Light(MIL), and turn off Check Engine Light (MIL) by erasing the trouble codes and Monitors reset
- Display DTC definition, freeze frame data, monitor and I/M readiness status (emissions) and vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN)
- Read live O2 sensor test data
- Read PCM live data stream with graphic data display
- Enhanced OBDII Mode 6
- Multilingual menu and DTC definitions -English, Spanish, French, Deutsch, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Finnish, etc
- Software upgrade via internet
- Question: does this unit have the ability to clear oil life indicator
Answer: This like many other Scanners, will turn off the check engine light. And tell you what may be wrong with your car. But if your car is equipped with a oil life indicator light, it’s for a reason. The oil is the life of a car. How it works and when to change it is very important on your auto. Instead of turning the light off, you should check why it came on in the first place. Before resetting the light, or turning it off…. This is a great scan tool, for working on many cars.
- Question: how long is the cord?
Answer: The length of the cord is 31 inches, adding in the lengths of the unit and plug gives an overall length of 38 in.
NEXAS NL101 Code Reader Introduction