Topdon AL201 OBD2 Code Reader is an entry-level OBD2 scanner for daily car maintenance. It works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and newer vehicles, featuring a large LCD screen, I/M hotkey, and supports full OBD2 functions to help you efficiently read trouble codes, test vehicle emissions, and turn off MIL. Despite its low cost, this device comes with some very impressive features.
Let’s look at the features and functionalities of these OBD2 scan tool( View table image ):
|Product||Topdon AL201||Topdon AL200|
|Customer Rating||4.6 / 5||4.6 / 5|
|Read Vehicle Information||√||√|
|Read I/M Readniess Status||√||√|
|Read Freeze Frame Data||√||√|
|Read Live Datastream||√||—|
|O2 Sensor Test||√||—|
|On-Board Monitoring（Mode 6）||√||—|
|Support & Service|
|Prints Data via PC|
|Data Record and Replay||√||—|
|Free Updata Online||√||—|
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
An entry-level OBD2 scanner for daily car maintenance which comes with some very impressive features
- 1. Read Codes – read generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes;
- 2. Clear Codes – clear detected trouble codes and turn off the MIL/Check Engine Light;
- 3. Live Data Stream – view graphically real-time parameters;
- 4. Freeze Frame – view the vehicle’s operating parameters when a DTC is detected;
- 5. I/M Readiness Status – have a vehicle inspected before the State Emissions Test;
- 6. O2 Sensor Test – check the oxygen sensors for fuel efficiency and emissions;
- 7. On-board Monitor Test – determine if each monitor is OK by comparing values;
- 8. Component Test – initiate a leak test for EVAP system to test components or modules;
- 9. Vehicle Information – retrieve the vehicle information of VIN, CINs, and CVNs.
The Topdon AL201 OBD2 scanner works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based, and newer vehicles (OBD2 and CAN Protocols).
|Compact and rugged design||Does not support ABS and SRS diagnoses|
|Comes with 12-month warranty and lifetime free online updates|
|Several languages supported, including English, French, Russian, Germany, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese|
|Built-in lookup library for definitions|
This Topdon OBD2 scan tool is meant for beginner and intermediate car owners who have just a little knowledge about car diagnostics.
- Q: Can this reader be used on hybrid-engined vehicles (Toyota Prius V, for example)?
- A: Call your dealership and ask if your car is OBD II compliant.
1. TopDon Artilink 201 OBD2 Code Scanner Review and Demo