The OBDCHECK BLE can be plugged directly into your vehicle and connected via Bluetooth to the OBD II app on your iOS or Android device, turning your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet into a sophisticated diagnostic scanning tool and real-time performance monitor. Compatible with iOS(no pairing required), Android and Windows devices. Features include the ability to read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame data, reset inspection engine lights, prepare smoke tests, view real-time sensor readings, create custom dashboards and evaluate fuel economy. No complicated setup or tricky connections, easy to use.
- Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter For IOS & Android: Turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool and real-time monitor with a third-party OBD2 App such as OBD Fusion, Dash Command, OBD Auto Doctor, Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for iOS & Android and Torque Pro for Android.
- Inexpensive For Its Complexity: This device’s price point is cheap, but it does all the sophisticated things it’s supposed to do. Similar tools sold on social media don’t provide more information about your automobile than the Veepeak BLE.
- Easy To Use: The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE is easy to use and set up. The device is small and compact and works wirelessly with your iPhone, Android device, or even iPad. In a matter of minutes, it transmits complex and sophisticated information about your car’s operation in real time.
- Diagnose and Monitor: With the proper app, you can read and clear check engine light trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer specific), reset check engine light, prepare smog test, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard and estimate fuel economy.
- Powerful Scan Tool and More: With the proper app, you can do more: View real-time sensor readings, monitor fuel economy, create your own dashboard, know whether your vehicle is ready for smog check, on specific vehicles, you can even have advanced features like enhanced PIDs, diagnostics and coding (requires capable App),and more to discover!
- Pairs with Most Cars and Light Trucks: The manufacturer of this OBD2 scanner designed it to pair with automobiles and light trucks built after 1996, the year that OBD II (On-Board Diagnostic) specifications became mandatory for all American-made cars.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility: Works with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (in the United States, vehicles since year 1996 are supported including light-duty diesel pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles, no brand limitation). Supports all five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Better Connection Than WiFi: No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi. It uses Bluetooth and you can have access to internet via your cellular data, connect to the car Bluetooth at the same time when the phone is connected to VEEPEAK device.
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
I use BimmerCode to code my BMW’s and recently purchased the OBDCheck to replace a wifi tool that has become very unreliable and has always been a bit of a pain to use. BimmerCode on my iPad connected immediately and operates much faster than the wifi tool. I coded a number of modules on my BMW’s and so far, works flawlessly. Highly recommend this tool and coupled with the BimmerCode discount (see their website for discount), very cost effective. Highly Recommend!
- A Variety of Different Applications: The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE is compatible with many different applications on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. These include Torque Lite, Torque Pro, piston, Car Doctor Pro for Android Marshmallow, Carista, Dash, Dash Command, and more. Most are available for free. Even better, you can choose which one you want to download based on your preferences.
- Check Why the Check Engine Light is on: The OBDCheck BLE helps you read the error codes causing the check engine light to come on. You may then find out what the possible causes are and fix simple problems by yourself and reset the light, potentially saving you a trip to a garage and hundreds of dollars. When you need to bring your car to a mechanic, it also gives you a peace of mind.
- Doesn’t Get in the Way of Your Driving: The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE easily plugs into the OBD II connector under your dashboard. It turns on when you start the ignition. Since it’s small, it won’t interfere with your legroom or driving ability. The device doesn’t drain your battery even when you leave it running during long trips.
- Veepeak BLE Provides Complex Information about Your Car: This device can accurately predict your exact fuel efficiency before a long trip. You can learn if you’ll pass your emission or smog check before you go to the test. It monitors every function such as RPM, mpg, throttle, and so forth. VEEPEAK OBDCheck allows you to do all of this on your tablet or phone, even while driving. If an indicator light appears, you can check if it’s an error or real trouble.
- Knowledge About Your Car Saves You Money: Auto repair shops can charge some money for diagnostic tests. Sometimes all they tell you is that you need to reset your engine light. This tool enables you to find out if you are getting codes in error and fix them yourself.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility: Works with 1996 and newer cars, SUVs, MPVs, mini vans and light trucks sold in the United States.
- Bluetooth obd2 adapter with support for extensive apps (such as OBD Fusion, Torque Pro, Car Scanner ELM OBD2) can turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated car scan tool..
- Read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame data, reset check engine light, prepare smog test, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard and estimate fuel economy..
- Works with all brand OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (in the United States, vehicles since year 1996 are supported, including pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles)..
- Easy to plug in and unplug. No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi, and it does not block internet access for other apps..
- A third-party App is required (check recommendations in the description below, some may require separate purchase). Compatible with iOS (no Bluetooth pairing needed) & Android devices. Mini carrying case included.
|The Veepeak BLE is inexpensive, easy to use, and works as advertised.||Possible connection problems.|
|You choose from many compatible apps for your iPhone, iPad or Android device.||The ABS lights may flash when the device is installed.|
|It turns your phone/tablet into a place with all kinds of complex information about your car.||A possible compatible issue with Torque Pro App.|
|Providing such information in real time adds to its efficiency.|
Every driver will like knowing in advance whether his or her car will pass its emissions test. It can provide reassurance about the safety of your vehicle when you are on a long trip.
The do-it-yourself mechanic can use this diag
- Communication Method: Bluetooth LE for iOS, Classic Bluetooth for Android & Windows
- Supported Devices: iOS with Bluetooth 4.0 or above, Android phone & tablet (Android car radios/head units may not be compatible), Windows, Mac
- Operating Voltage: 9V~16V
- Operating Current: Max 45mA
- Operating Temperature: -40~185°F (-40~85°C)
- Dimension: 1.61″ x 1.97″ x 0.87″
- Q: What app is compatible and how much does it cost?
A: A third-party OBD2 app is required (see above compatible app list). There are free and paid ones and some apps provide in-app purchase. Please check the product page for compatible apps and the app page for more information about the features and prices.
- Q: Which sensor data can the OBD2 device read?
A: It reads standard SAE PIDs such as O2 Readings, EOT, EGT, Throttle, Speed, Fuel Trim, DPF Temp, Balance Rates and more.Remember readable parameters depend on what’s installed on the OBDII system by the manufacturer. Generally, newer vehicles will give more readings and faster refresh speed. Please also note that more sensors you have on the list the refresh frequency is lower due to limited vehicle bus/OBD device throughput. Some readings like transmission temp are manufacturer-specific and you will need the custom PID or a capable App. Contact the app developer to verify if it’s supported.