The AnCel AD410 OBD2 performs I/M readiness tests, O2 sensor tests, airborne monitor tests, and EVAP system tests. It is a budget code OBD2 scanner, very suitable for ordinary owners and beginners, because it provides a built-in search library with code definition, a do not know do not understand the code as long as the click into the search library, you can get a brief explanation. In addition to the code, the AD410 has the ability to check engine code, retrieve diagnostic information, and help you diagnose basic problems with your vehicle. The code reader provides the data as a live stream and freezes the frames to display the live data, and you can also retrieve vehicle information (VIN).
- Live Data: The AD410 can retrieve live data from your car as it runs or views data previously recorded when your engine started to have problems.This data can help you pin down the exact cause of car trouble much faster than a trouble code alone.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Recommended by YouTube Star Scotty Kilmer on his channel. Works on most vehicles sold in the USA with model year of 1996 or newer; Supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN (Controller Area Network). As long as your car has a 16-pin OBD2 port somewhere (and most do), you’ll be able to read information and clear codes with the AD410.
- CODE DEFINITION: There is a built-in up-to-date OBD-II DTC look-up library in this device. Fault codes and their definitions can be found in the library. A 2.4″ TFT true color (262K) LCD display is fitted to provide a clear reading of the information contained in it. After a fault code is detected, the definition of the code will be shown by directly clicking the fault code selected.
- DATA STREAM: The scan tool lets you view “real-time” Live Data. This information includes values (volts, rpm, temperature, speed etc.) and system status information (open loop, closed loop, fuel system status, etc.) generated by the various vehicle sensors, switches and actuators. It supports detailed text display, and you can view all data stream items or select a certain item of live data with a graph.
- I/M READINESS: I/M readiness is to test Misfire / Fuel system / Comprehensive component. Quickly monitor emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification. Let you know the comprehensive status of your car’s engine system. Help you pass the Smog Check easily.”N/A” means Not Available on this vehicle, “INC” means Incomplete or not ready, “OK” means Completed or Monitor OK.
- ENHANCED OBDII DIAGNOSTICS: Supports O2 Sensor and EVAP (Evaporative Control) System Test. AD410 code scanner can be used to initiate a leak test on a vehicle’s EVAP system by monitoring the integrity of the fuel tank system. The O2 Sensor Test is designed to monitor and adjust air/fuel mixture, which will help identify and troubleshoot issues related to fuel efficiency and vehicle emission.
- DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS & UPDATE: The “Review & Print” option can be used to save or print diagnostic reports as needed. ANCEL brand provides life-time free software updates for this unit to fix the latest bugs or add new parameters. Just download the software from the ANCEL website and then follow on-screen instructions to install.
- LIFETIME FREE ONLINE UPGRADE: AD410 provides life-time free software update to fix the latest bugs and add newly DTC or parameters. Just download the software from ANCEL website, then follow instructions to update.
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
Does the job…to update you need a WINDOWS computer
Simple and easy to use. However, if you want to update, you need to have a windows computer and also you need to install software to open winrar files.
- CRITICAL FUNCTIONALITY: Reads quickly and erases stored emission-related codes, pending codes, and shows code definitions. Turns off the MIL (check engine light), helps in resetting the monitor before taking it to Smog, and tells you what is going on before bringing the car in for repair.
- POWERFUL CPU: Unlike other Cheap and Old versions, ANCEL AD410 scanner goes with a more advanced STM 32-bit CPU has the specialty of high speed, compressed volume and steady performance.
- QVGA DISPLAY & NEW UI: AD410 code reader is a greatly enhanced upgrade from more basic diagnostic scan tools. It has a 2. 4″ TFT true color (262K) LCD display for clear test results showing. With an easy-to-read UI design, the user can easily access Setup, OBDII Diagnostics, I/M readiness, and DTC Look-up and Review. You don’t need to read the manual to know what to do, even for a beginner.
- Vehicle compatibility: The scanner is compatible with all 1996 and newer models of vehicles. Such vehicles are OBD2 compatible and feature a 16-pin OBD2 port where this Ancel code reader connects. You can find it either under the dash or below the handbrake panel. Simply plug the device in the port and it will be good to go. It will initiate the diagnosis process automatically as soon as you turn on ignition.
- SAVE MONEY AND TIME: Simple and super easy to use, this device is a must-have diagnostic tool for today’s technologically loaded vehicles. It is a car doctor, so to speak, that allows you to identify and troubleshoot any problem with your car engine, so you may try to fix it by yourself or know how much it costs you to have it fixed when a mechanic is involved. That’s time and money saved.
- Construction and interface: A handheld device, the AD410 measures 9.1 x 6.4 x 1.5 inches. It has a weight of 11.2 ounces, which is pretty nice for portability. Fitted on the scanner is a2.4-inch TFT QVGA screen for navigation and viewing of diagnostic results. The interface is very intuitive, you don’t really need a manual to find your way around the menus.
Despite those few drawbacks, this best Ancel scanner is an amazing buy for beginners and ordinary car owners.
The AD310 provides the basic functions that you may need. That is essentially reading and clearing engine codes so as to reset the check engine light (MIL).
- Detect Engine System
- Turn Off the Check Engine Light
- Let You Know the Meaning of the Error Code
- Reads and clears check engine light codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and resets monitor.
- Built-in DTC look-up library for manual retrieval and code definition.
- I/M Readiness to test misfire, fuel system and Comprehensive component.
- Displays all data stream items or selects any item of live data for graphing.
- Views freeze frame data and shows vehicle parameters recorded by ECU when an emission-related fault occurs.
- Performs O2 sensor test to allow retrieval and viewing of O2 sensor monitor test results for the most performed tests from the vehicle’s on-board computer.
- Uses On-board monitor test to read the results of on-board diagnostic monitoring.
- Performs EVAP system test to detect any leak in the vehicle’s EVAP system (not all vehicles support EVAP test and test availability depends on what’s installed on the OBDII system by the manufacturer).
- Displays vehicle information via VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), CID (Calibration ID) and CVN (Calibration Verification Number).
|Supports full OBD2 diagnostics plus additional special functions.||Apart from the engine, it doesn’t support the diagnosis of other primary systems like ABS, transmission and SRS.|
|Very affordable unit.||Troubleshooting definitions and tips provided are not very clear, especially for beginners.|
|Provides clear test results thanks to the TFT screen.|
|Updates are free for the scanner’s lifetime.|
- Package Dimensions: 9 x 6.4 x 1.4 inches
- Operating Voltage: 12 Volts
- Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese
- Item Weight: 11.2 ounces
- OBDII Protocol: ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN
- Display: 240×320 TFT
- Vehicles’ Compatibility: Works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles
- Question: Why won’t this unit turn on? I just bought and received mine and it doesn’t seem to function at all.
Answer: This is crazy; my dad was on the phone with me trying to figure out why his wouldn’t work and mine in my hand was fine…turns out the screen has a protective film over it that needs to be removed. He was kinda embarrassed but the screen protector film looked like he could just leave it there but it was actually blocking the screen…
- Question: Will this display maf values, engine rpm, and o2 sensor values?
Answer: I know it will read O2 sensor values but I’m not sure on the other 2 you list. I haven’t had to use the one I purchased yet.