Ancel FX4000 is a professional diagnostic scanning tool designed for machinists with very powerful features. It can manually set the commonly used functions to customize the main menu, saving you a lot of time. The point is, it can diagnose most complex problems, such as brake system failure, ABS problems, oil service light problems, battery control, etc. Not only that, it can also deal with small problems, with read code clear code, read data stream, read frozen frame data and other basic functions. So besides being available to professionals, DIY people can also try it out. Ancel FX4000 is compatible with European models (2001-2016), Asian models (2003-2016) and American models (1996-2016), suitable for most vehicles in the market.
- Easy to Use: It’s user-friendly and straightforward to navigate. It comes with four buttons, making it easy to enter, escape or cancel functions. You will also have no problem using the device due to its dimensions (9.4 x 6.7 x 2) and lightweight (3 pounds). It can fit in your hand without any trouble.
- Check Problems with the ABS/SRS System: The ABS feature will let you know if the road and tire’s friction is normal, which can help prevent the tires from locking up. Moreover, the scanner can also make your car safer by identifying issues in the airbag system.
- Service and Maintain Your Car’s Brake System: ANCEL FX4000 lets you keep the braking system of your vehicle in good health. You can access the braking feature from the diagnostic tool to activate or deactivate it.
- Perform Oil Service Reset and Keep Steering System Maintained: With ANCEL FX4000, you can check and maintain the suspension and steering system perfectly. The SAS feature lets you check for problems in the steering system such as vibration in the steering, worn out bushings, etc.
- Broad Compatibility: ANCEL FX4000 supports over 40 brands, including Porsche, Chrysler, GM, Acura, Ford, Daihatsu, Mercedes Benz, ISUZU, and Audi. It supports almost all OBD2 compatible American models, including some foreign models as well. Moreover, it works with hybrid cars.
- Full OBDII Functions: With the enhanced OBD II engine diagnostic system, it can scan more than 95% of old domestic vehicles as well as read/clear pending and stored codes, read freeze frame, view live data stream (in text/graphic format), perform O2 sensor test and I/M readiness test, etc
- Attractive Appearance & Free Updates: Well-built with a large and high-definition TFT screen, an easy-to-read UI, and thousands of DTC tips. Anti-skid & gaming hand-held design gives you a different experience of holding an auto scan tool. Lifetime free updates online to fix the latest bugs or add newer parameters.
- Diagnose Car’s Engine and Transmission System Diagnostic: Diagnosing your vehicle is a breeze with this beauty. It can help find and solve problems such as poor exhaustion, engine, transmission, brake system problems, airflow, and fuel injector.
- Monitor Live Data: It’s essential to know how your car performs on the road. The device’s live data feature does an excellent job by presenting data in a graphical format on the device’s screen. The graph is straightforward to read. If there are issues, the engine light will turn on, indicating a problem.
- All System Scan Tool: Designed to check the Engine, Transmission, ABS, SRS (Airbag), EPB, SAS, and other systems. OBD II & CAN compatible and able to diagnose both Diesel and Gasoline powered vehicles. Multi-language, with 8 languages available besides EN & ES.
Well, I used it twice and it works great. First on my '12 F-150 with airbag light on and next on my buddy's Toyota truck with a abs light. worked well on both. I'm impressed with this tool.
- Oil Reset: Oil Reset function allows you to reset the service lamps on the instrument cluster. The Service Indicator System is designed to alert the driver when the vehicle is due for a service. Please be noted that not every vehicle supports the Oil Reset function, it will vary with the actual conditions of different vehicles.
- EPB (Electrical Park Brake): The EPB functions of the FX4000 is mainly used to read and clear the EPB trouble codes and turn off the brake warning light on the dashboard. When you are going to replace the brake pad, you can also use the special function to assist in releasing the caliper, which is truly hassle-free for the DIYers.
- ABS Bleeding: Read and clear the ABS errors codes are another two functions of the FX4000 scanner. After clearing the errors codes, the ABS lamp on the dashboard will be turned off as well. The ABS can avoid severe friction between the tires and the ground, thereby reduce the wear of the tires, and prevent the wheels from being locked up when braking. After changing the wheel cylinder, you will also need to bleed the ABS so as to complete the adaptation.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS ): FX4000 supports reading and clearing the codes so as to turn off the TPMS warning light. TPMS is short for Tire Pressure Monitoring System, which is used to monitor the real-time pressure of tires during driving, and alert when bleeding or low pressure is detected to protect your safety.
- Engine System: You can diagnose the engine system through the OBDII V3.0 menu. The FX4000 supports full OBDII modules, including Reading and Clearing the DTCs, showing Live Data Stream both in table and graph styles, performing O2 sensor test, viewing Freeze Frame Data, conduct I/M readiness test and so on. After clearing the engine trouble codes, the engine light (MIL) will be also turned off automatically. It is also convenient for you to retrieve the VIN by this menu.
- Transmission System: This scanner also enables you to read and clear the DTCs of the transmission system. It can locate the problems via reading codes in the Transmission system, or check the health status by viewing the live data stream. The transmission is equipped in the car, in between the engine and the wheels, has different gear ratios. By shifting the engine, transmission can work at its best performance of stated power.
- SRS (Airbag): When the SRS (Safety Restraint System) light is on, it means that the Airbag Control Unit detects an malfunction in the system. The system may be disabled with the light is on, resulting in the situation that the airbags won’t deploy in an accident. You can use the FX4000 to read and clear the error codes for the SRS, which can prevent possible injuries caused by the collision between occupants and the interior of the vehicles during a crash.
|Free online lifetime updates.||It doesn’t explain the codes in detail (bad for beginners.)|
|It self-charges when you plug it in.||It’s buggy and even freezes sometimes in the middle of a diagnosis.|
|It supports multiple languages.||Linking error pops up sometimes (resetting the device solves it.)|
|It supports both diesel and gasoline models.||Slow response in foreign models.|
|The cable is quite long, which makes it easy to use the device.|
|It’s easy to use with four scrolling buttons.|
- Question: Will this read the air bags on a 2005 or 2006 nissan frontier ?
Answer: Yes, the FX4000 scan tool will read the air bags on a 2005 or 2006 nissan frontier.
- Question: Will this scanner diagnose electric & hybrid vehicles?
Answer: Sorry, it can diagnose hybrid cars but all-electric cars are not included.