ACTRON CP9695 PRO is a powerful automotive diagnostic scanner with a compact design that is easy to carry, a vibrant color display that makes use less monotonous, and buttons on the device are labeled for easy use. CP9695 Pro can read and delete ABS codes, airbag codes, and definitions of most vehicles produced between 1996 and 2013. It allows you to draw data (1996 and update), and read, record, and play back real-time sensor data. It also includes freezing frame data, discharge readiness status (I/M readiness monitor), Built-in OBD II code base and other features. The Actron CP9695 Pro also provides a Code Connect feature that provides the most probable causes and solutions for automotive diagnostics. Actron CP9695 is intended for beginners and novice mechanics and technicians, as well as the vast majority of DIY enthusiasts or car enthusiasts. If you are interested, please read on.
- Easy to Use: First and foremost, the Actron CP9695 is very easy to use that even beginners and DIYers will have a simple time utilizing it. All the buttons on the screen are clearly labeled, and the user’s manual is there to help you out in case of any challenge.
- OBDII Live: real-time data lets you view, record, & playback vehicle sensor, switch, & relay inputs while the engine is running - more than 300 possible data PIDs available depending on vehicle.
- Fast and Accurate: Tired of using slow scan tools that don’t provide accurate results? Get the CP9695, and you will never have to lag behind in your work. This unit is very fast, and it offers accurate results all the time.
- Read and Display: MIL status, all available I/M Monitors (emissions), pending DTCs, freeze frame data (snapshot of vehicle data at the time of the fault); read and erase DTCs; perform Ford 'On Demand' tests; monitor Fuel Mileage parameters.
- Performs Basic Functions: The Actron CP9695 performs all the basic functions and much more. Some of the key functions that it performs include record, playback, and graph live data. Also, it performs other functions, which are reset oil lights, perform a battery life reset, check engine lights, freeze frame data, and monitor fuel mileage. Other functions include reading, displaying, and erasing generic enhanced diagnostic trouble codes.
- Device Compatibility: With the Actron CP9695 ABS code reader, it’s easy to troubleshoot and determine the most feasible solution for a particular issue. Its usage is based on aspects such as a motor, model, and so on. This diagnostic scanner automatically recognizes all 1996 and newer import and domestic vehicles. ’94 and ’95 OBDII up to date vehicles are also compatible with this specialty tool.
- Free Software Updates: Another great feature of this unit is that it comes with free software updates. So, you won’t incur any cost when it comes to updating this unit. All you are required to do is to visit the Actron website, find the updates, scan your device number, and then install the program on your computer. Afterward, you can plug the unit into your PC and install the updates.
- 12-month Warranty: All Actron scanners are provided with a 1-year warranty. This covers defects in material and workmanship. So, if your device has an issue, you can always have it replaced or repaired within the warranty period.
This is an excellent tool with a large array of trouble codes and the ability to do on demand testing both koeo and koer as well as pulling mode 6 data. It has some bi-directional functionality limited in my case to just the cooling fans, egr valve, IAC valve, fuel pump and injectors and possibly more for different makes.
- Highlights: Reads engine Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) on ALL 1996 & newer import/domestic vehicles sold in the USA (OBD II & CAN) as well as 1994-95 OBD II equipped vehicles. Includes Code Connect, a comprehensive database of over 26 million reported and verified fixes for the DTCs that cause check engine, ABS, and Airbag warning lights to illuminate. Captures and displays enhanced Power train and ABS Datastream for Domestic, Asian, and European vehicles, and Enhanced Transmission Live Datastream for GM and Ford.
- Built-in Code Library: The Code Connect feature is one of the most unique features of this unit. It provides top reported fixes with more than 26 million fixes that assist in knowing why the check engine light is on. So, no more guesswork as you try to fix your vehicle on your own.
- Provides off-car Review Analysis: Even when your car battery runs out, you will still be able to diagnose the vehicle and know what the problem is. Thanks to the battery that this unit comes with, which will help you continue with your diagnosis. So, you will be able to review vehicle data of the vehicle.
- Compact and Lightweight: This isn’t a gadget that will weigh you down as you perform other tasks in the car garage. It is lightweight and compact for easy transportation, storage, and use. Due to its compact design, it will easily fit in your palm as you clear or read error codes.
- Display: Actron CP9695 ABS code reader has a quality color LCD screen with a trilingual menu. The screen is enabled with superb features that will allow the graphical presentation of your engine’s real-time data. Moreover, the screen is standardized so that the user can read the codes without strain.
- Trilingual Menu: With the trilingual menu, this gadget can be used by different language speakers without requiring translation. The default language may be English, but you can also change it to Spanish and French languages for easy and quick interpretation of results.
- Extensive Vehicle Coverage: The CP9695 diagnostic OBD2 scanner is compatible with most 1996 and newer vehicles. This includes import and domestic vehicles (OBD2 & CAN). It also offers coverage of 1994 and 1995 OBD2 compliant vehicles. The only challenge is that it offers coverage up to 2013, so if your vehicle is made beyond this year, say 2014 or 2916, it won’t be able to diagnose it. This is a huge challenge that Actron should address.
- Easy to Interpret Results: Since it doesn’t perform advanced functions, interpreting the most basic functions will be easy and fast. Also, the large LCD color display will clearly display all the results, even in poorly lit places. You will also get a graphical presentation of the real-time data from your engine.
- Includes ALL the features of the Actron CP9680, PLUS the following:
- Read ABS codes and definitions for most GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, BMW, Mercedes, Smart, VW, Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo vehicles
- Read SRS/Airbag code and definitions for most GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Volkswagen and Audi vehicles
- ABS Enhanced Live Datastream for GM, Ford and Toyota
- Enhanced Power train and ABS datastream (Dom, Asian, Euro)
- Ford On Demand Tests
- Code Connect 26 million fixes
- Enhanced Power train coverage
- Transmission Enhanced Live Datastream for GM and Ford
- Fuel mileage - Includes MPG, Avg MPG, Elapsed Time, Distance, Fuel Used & Avg Speed
- * Oil light reset
- * Battery reset
- * GM DTC status
- * Airbag codes and definitions
- * Graph two PIDs at same time
- * Code criteria
- * ABS codes and definitions
- * ABS enhanced live datastream for GM, Ford and Toyota
- * Enhanced powertrain and ABS datastream
- * Ford on demand tests
- * Enhanced powertrain coverage
- * Transmission enhanced live datastream for GM and Ford
- * Fuel mileage including MPG, average MPG, elapsed time, distance, fuel used, and average speed
- * Record/playback of live data
- * Reset MIL and turn off check engine light
- * Full manufacturer-specific code definitions—make/model/year
- * Print to PC
- * Read and display MIL status
- * Read and erase DTCs
- * AutoID vehicle
- * Enhanced engine and transmission codes
- * Visual indication when trying to communicate and retrieve data from an OBD II vehicle
- * Read and display all available I/M monitors
- * Read and display pending DTCs
- * Read and display freeze-frame data
- * Read and display VIN, CVN, and Cal ID
- * Battery/alternator/charging system monitor
- * Mode 6 in layman's terminology
- * Display state OBD check
- * Display OBD II drive cycle mode
- * Trilingual menu and code definitions (English, Spanish, French)
- * Component locator
- * Acronym library
- * Full PID name description in live data
- * System setup menu includes language setup, unit of measure, display test, keypad test, memory test, tool information, and program
|Easy to read LCD screen.||Territorial limitations for North America, Asia and Europe.|
|Simple to use, don't need to be a professional.||A bit expensive for an average class customer.|
|Had the option to use battery.||The price is a little high.|
|Fast and accurate diagnostic results.||Some customers state that the tool has malicious software.|
|It monitors fuel mileage|
|has a trilingual menu for easy interpretation of results|
Actron CP9695 ABS Code Reader is built for average car owners with minimal car repair knowledge, no professional mechanical skills needed. Usually, the trouble codes may be complicated for novice car owners. At such moments, it’s indispensable to get more logic at OBD-codes.com.
- Question: Will this works on 2008 bmw x3?
Answer: Yes, the Actron CP9695 works with the 2008 BMW x3 for codes related to the check engine, transmission, ABS and Airbag lights.
- Question: Do I need to be knowledgeable about scanners to use this Actron unit?
Answer: Actually, you don’t. This is one of the most basic but versatile scanners that you will come across on the market. Everything is clear, and there are no complicated features. Also, most of its functions are basic, and you can easily interpret the results. If you are not sure what to do, refer to the user manual for more guidelines.