The Launch CReader CR4001 is an entry-level OBD2 scanner that gives information on a problem, clears error codes, and much more. It does not only perform the functions of an OBDII reader but the EOBD as well. This is big for mechanics that need this information.
Let's look at the features and functionalities of these Launch OBD2 scan tool( View table image ):
|Best Deals Today||Check||Check||Check||Check||Check||Check||Check|
|1996 - Present - OBD2||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Tool Storage Included||bag||bag|
|OBD2 Scan Tool Functions (1996 to Present)|
|I/M Readiness Status||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Read Freeze Frame||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Read Vehicle Information||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|O2 Sensor Test||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|On board Monitored systems Test(mode 6)||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Control of the On-Board system||√||√||√||√||√|
|Manufacturer Specific DTCs||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Built-in DTC Lookup||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Data Record and replay||√||√||√||√|
|Prints data via PC||√||√||√||√|
|-- No Full ECU System --|
|Electrical Park Brake(EPB) Reset||√|
|Steering Angle Sensor(SAS) Reset||√|
|Battery Management System(BMS) Reset||√|
|Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF) Reset||√|
|Tire Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) Reset|
|Support 1 year Warranty/Multilingual Support/Internet Updatable|
An entry-level OBD2 scanner that gives information on a problem, clears error codes, and much more.
- VARIETY DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTIONS: It supports reading and erasing DTCs, I/M readiness status, live data stream, turning off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and more.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: The Launch Creader 4001 has a 2.4-inch color LCD screen that can display the most intuitive graphical data. It comes with a 47-inch 16-pin OBD2 cable.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: It can work on most OBDII & CAN Domestic, Asian, and European vehicles after 1996.
- DTC LOOKUP: There is a DTC Lookup function in this tool, and you can find the explanation of every code you read out from the car.
- MULTILINGUAL AVAILABLE: It supports English, German, and Japanese.
It works on any car or truck that is built after 1996 with an OBDII port.
|Wide-range vehicle coverage||Small display without touch screen enabled|
|Retrieve live data streaming|
|Display I/M readiness status|
It is a budget scanner for beginners, DIYers, and a journeyman mechanic.
- Q: Dose it only give me a code or can i get some repair advice?
- A: This code reader can read the codes, and you can use it to look up very detailed description of the fault code.
- Q: Can this scanner perform idle relearn functions on my vehicle?
- A: No, it can't perform idle relearn.
1. Launch - CReader CR4001 OBD Car Scanner Demo and Review