Looking for the best possible LAUNCH car scanner on the market that suits you? Then you've landed on the right page. LAUNCH X431 V+ 4.0 Brand You Trust. Quality You Expect.
As a newest addition of LAUNCH X431 series line, the upgraded version of V+ 3.0, V, and Pros Mini, the LAUNCH V+ 4.0 will be a favorite for many professionals and medium-sized shop owners that it balances functionality and design almost perfectly.
Whether it is the sleek look, fast data processing, or exceptional diagnostic performance, it's a guarantee that there's at least one thing that will pick your interest the moment you try out this automotive scanner.
First thing's first, let's find out how LAUNCH V+ 4.0 competes against another diagnostic tool V 4.0 ( View table image )
|Items||LAUNCH V+ 4.0||LAUNCH X431 V 4.0|
|Customer Rating||4.7 / 5||4.4 / 5|
|Best Deals Today||Check||Check|
|Compatible with HD Module||√||╳|
|（Volkswagen / Audi / Skoda / Seat）|
|All System Diagnoses||√||√|
|Full OBDII Diagnostics|
|One-click Report Generated & Replay|
|Cloud Data Base etc.|
|O.S.||Android 9.0||Android 7.0|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450, 8-Core 1.8GHz||4-Core 1.3GHz|
|Screen||10.1 Inches||8 Inches|
|Battery Life||8 Hours||5 Hours|
|(128GB Extendable)||(No Extendable)|
|Camera||8MP Rear||5MP Rear|
|Free Time||2 Years||2 Years|
A tablet diagnostic tool for professionals who want to perform a full system diagnosis to find the problems in the car.
Why Should Buy This Product?
From the comparison table, we can see the LAUNCH V+ 4.0 does almost everything from reading codes to ECU coding and everything in between, featuring far more functions than V 4.0. The likely benefits include some of the following:
- It skips the frustration of learning a new tool, featuring valuable Guided Functions for VW / Audi / Skoda / Seat.
- It is compatible with the HD module, thus being able to turn itself into a professional scanner for commercial vehicles, to avoid unnecessary costs for buying heavy-duty scanners.
- Its enhanced constructions, such as durable LENOVO tablet, advanced 8-core CPU, powerful battery system, bigger & clearer display screen, and more, make sure it is running smoothly and efficiently to catch all of your vehicle's potential issues.
Even with that high-grade performance, it only costs a few hundred dollars more than V 4.0, while the latter tends to be out of date.
OE-Level Functions Detailed Overview
Made by the LAUNCH technologies, you are bound to see why most people run over heals buying this pro-level scanner.
Loads of OE-Level features are covered as Guided Functions / Online Coding for VW / Audi / Skoda / Seat, Setting & Changeover (adblue reset, unlock the engine after a collision, cancel ABS driving test, and more) for Benz, Modification for BMW, and Offline Coding, Customization / Personalization, for worldwide vehicle brands, and keep growing:
1. Guided Functions for VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat
This is the function that any professionals need, if they want quick and accurate car diagnostics for VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat.
- Only available in V+ and higher-grade diagnostic tools in LAUNCH;
- It provides advice and suggestions for carrying out all the diagnostic procedures in a more streamlined way, to help enjoy simple step-by-step procedures at fingertips, without going through a lengthy or complex process;
- A much more effective and comfortable way to help resolve many tricky issues in various vehicle systems including engine, gearbox, brake, airbag, instrument, air conditioner, and more., than most competitors in the industry.
2. Online Coding for VW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Seat, Porsche, etc.
Car coding is a relatively new thing in the automotive world.
It implies software modifications to a vehicle to allow the use of functions not available in the car when it left the factory for different reasons, mainly local regulations.
Also, if you want to configure a vehicle's control unit with additional parameters then LAUNCH V+ 4.0 can help you to effectively accomplish the task in compliant vehicles.
Noted that the online coding does not imply changing the software! It only changes preprogrammed options already existent in the software:
- To perform the customer individual customization of the car such as setting alarms, doors locking, and outdoor lighting, etc., to improve vehicle performance, or stimulate high-end car functions;
- To alter the configuration when a component is replaced, so the new actuators can be recognized by related vehicle systems;
- To enable multiple car systems to recognize each other, and so the actuators can start to work.
3. Bi-directional Control (active test)
Essentially, LAUNCH V+ 4.0 is a professional bidirectional scan tool. The scanner can perform system tests as well as actuate injectors, relays, and coils, etc., by sending and receive commands to and from the system, so as to help you determine the efficiency of that particular system.
So as a user, you can observe how the system parameters change in real-time. That will tell you whether it is performing optimally.
For example, a bi-directional ABS test will allow you to send commands to the ABS system, in the same way, the car's on-board computer would.
By observing how that system responds to the commands, you can determine whether it would respond to the ECU's commands as required. If not then it means there's a problem that needs fixing. If so then your ABS is clean as a whistle.
4. 26 Most-Commonly Used Maintenance Services
LAUNCH engineers have been committed to making the modern vehicle routine maintenance as user-friendly as possible, aiming at giving the users the perfect scan experience with 26 maintenance services in this diagnostic tool:
- Oil Reset: Close the oil service light and reset service mileage & service interval after replacing the engine oil.
- Injector Coding: Write the new injector numbers into the ECU for accurate communication and injection control.
- EPB Reset: Reset the new electronic parking brake for braking wheels safely again.
- SAS Reset: Clear memories of the previous steering angle sensor and store the replaced one.
- TPMS Service: Relearn TPMS sensors so that new sensors can be recognized by ECU.
- ABS Brake Bleeding: Get a firm brake pad after air exhaustion.
- BMS Service: Perform a reset on the vehicle battery for clearing the fault information and re-match the battery.
- DPF Service: Clear particulate matter from the DPF filter to stabilize the filter performances
- Tooth Learning: Finish tooth learning after changing crankshaft in the car engine, so the new part can be used.
- Throttle Matching: Initialize the throttle actuators to the default state for regulating throttle (or idle engine) operations accurately.
- Anti-theft Matching: Add a new key. PIN code is required.
- AFS Reset: It detects the light of the environment, then decides whether to automatically turn on the headlights or not. It can also adjust the headlights in time by monitoring the driving speed and body posture of the vehicle.
- EGR Adaption: Reduce nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the exhaust gas and improve fuel economy at partial load.
- Gearbox Matching: Test the gearbox based on the driving conditions after the gearbox is disassembled or repaired, for a more comfortable and ideal shift quality.
- Sunroof Service: Set the sunroof lock switch to be on / off according to weather, temperature, and memory.
- SUS Reset: When the body height sensor and control module in the air suspension system are replaced or the level of the car is wrong, this function needs to be performed to level the body height sensor.
- And Windows Calibration, Seats Calibration, Tire Reset, Language Change, A/F Reset, Coolant Bleed, Transport Mode, NOx Sensor Reset, Dblue Reset, Stop/Start Reset.
5. Full-Service Diagnostics
This LAUNCH scanner certainly performs full OBD2 related functions.
- It can read and clear OE-level codes for all the available vehicle systems. That includes engine, ABS, transmission, instrument panel, SRS, and more.
- It provides live data. Besides offering real-time diagnostic feedback, live data also helps when you need to turn off warning lights.
- Additionally, the smart AutoVIN technology makes it so easy to identify a car. Once connected, it automatically pulls the VIN details of a car. From there you can proceed to read and clear codes or check for other faults in ANY car system.
- It is also compatible with the HD module, thus turning itself into a professional scanner for commercial vehicles, to avoid unnecessary costs for buying heavy-duty scanners.
Overall, one thing is for sure, the tool stands out among the rest when it comes to the uniqueness in terms of the above powerful and practical diagnostic features.
Superb Constructions to Facilitate Your Work
As a phenomenal diagnostic tool kit, it has literally got everything you want to make sure the maintenance or repairs are going as smoothly as you imagine.
1. Durable LENOVO Tablet
At first sight, the LAUNCH V+ 4.0 looks a whole lot like an ordinary Android pad. It is in fact a LENOVO tablet.
I think many will agree that LENOVO tablets in terms of design almost never surprise. Manufacturers rarely experiment with the appearance, but with materials. So this well-constructed tablet seems to be able to last long, and defy tough conditions around car repair shops.
Also, it fits in a hand as comfortably as any tablet, with a weight of just 2.31 pounds, so carrying it around shouldn't be a problem.
2. Stable & Smooth Operating System
The scanner runs on an Android OS 9.0, which further optimizes the efficiency of the operating, including the installation, and the running of the software. The fluency problem that Android users are most worried about has been greatly improved. In less than 10 seconds it will be fully powered up and raring to go.
Besides, the system is quite user-friendly. Those who are familiar with Android smartphones or tablets will find this tablet breeze to operate, and even those who are not familiar will find it easy to pick up and use.
3. Amazing Multitasking
The device is designed to provide a space for ideal management of the multiple operations running behind the system, backed by the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 450, 8-Core 1.8GHz processor, and 3GB of RAM.
The users can handle more than one function at the same time without messing up with any complex operations, and are at peace in getting fast data coding and repairs.
Multi-tasking also helps to manage the data records and other vehicle info in an organized manner.
4. Display and Interface
Navigating the LAUNCH V+ 4.0 is pretty simple thanks to the touchable screen, which is highly responsive to user input.
The 10-inch screen is pretty large, making it easier to read and allowing more information to be visualized at once.
Also, with a resolution of 1920*1200P, the display boasts of crisp clarity. It is bright and sharp enough to see in any light condition, being definitely one of the clearest diagnostic tablets available on the market today.
5. Useful Cameras
There is a built-in 5MP front camera, and an 8MP rear camera with autofocus capability for taking snapshots for further analysis. Saving that and all the diagnostic data/files are quite easy thanks to the 32GB worth of space (which can be expanded to 128GB) at your disposal.
Whenever you need to record images, its powerful cameras will help you get crystal clear shots. And since the device is Wi-Fi enabled, you can share the pictures online with technicians and other experts or DIYers. They may help with whatever problem you are facing.
6. Wireless Connectivity
Note that the V+ 4.0 is definitely capable of wireless diagnostics.
If you want to connect wirelessly you can do so using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Plug the DBScarII Bluetooth OBD2 Connector to the OBD2 port. Activate its Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and then pair it with the tablet. After pairing the scanner will be able to communicate with the car's on-board computer wirelessly.
Besides downloading software updates, the Wi-Fi also allows you to go online. While there you can access tons of helpful diagnostic and repair resources. In case you run into any issues you can also contact LAUNCH through the online platform.
In addition to Wi-Fi, the LAUNCH V+ 4.0 also supports USB connection. You can connect it to a PC very simply using a USB cable.
7. Pretty Long Battery Life
Finally, the built-in 7000mAh battery keeps the tablet going even when it's not connected to a power source.
It allows you up to 8 hours of continuous use without charging, which is a lot more time than you will get in other professional automotive scanners.
This is quite useful when you are using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to run diagnostics.
Comes as a Full Package for Worldwide Vehicles
The tech involved in this LAUNCH scanner system is state of the art.
The functions above make the case for the V+ 4.0. But to top it all off, the scanner has impressively wide vehicle coverage.
It works on over 93 brands of OBD2-compliant vehicles, and up to 10,000 of car models, domestic and foreign, which makes it a more accurate diagnostic tool than most.
- American Cars: Buick; Cadillac; Chevrolet; Chrysler; Dodge; Ford; GM; Hummer; Jeep; Lincoln; (BRAZIL) BX-Fiat; BX-GM
- European Cars: Abarth; Alfa Romeo; Audi; Bentley; Benz; BMW; Bugatti; Citroen; Dacia; EU-Ford; Ferrari; Fiat; Jaguar; Lamborghini; Lancia; LandRover; Maserati; Maybach; Mini; Opel; Peugeot; Porsche; Renault; Rolls-Royce; Rover; Saab; Seat; Skoda; Smart; Sprinter; Vauxhall; Volvo; VW; (UKRAINE) ZAZ; (RUSSIA) GAZ; IZH; PAZ; SEAZ; UAZ; VAZ
- Asian Cars: (JAPAN) Acura; Daihatsu; Honda; Infiniti; Isuzu; Jpisuzu; Lexus; Mazda; Mitsubishi; Nissan; Nissan GTR; Scion; Subaru; Subaru; Suzuki; Tlisuzu; Toyota; (KOREA) Daewoo; Hyundai; KIA; Samsung; Ssangyong; (CHINA) Baic; Beijing; Changan; Changan-Ford; Changcheng; Changhe; Chsuzuki; DF Peugeot; DF Honda; DF Nissan; DF XK; Flyer,BYD; Fukang; Futian,Foton; Geely; Gonow; GZ Honda; Hafei; Haoqing; HC BMW; Hmada; Huachen; Isuzu,JMC; Jacty; Jianghuai; Jiao; Jinlong; Joylong; Lifan; Liuwel-TY; Luxgen; NJ Fiat; Qirul-TY,chery; Qoros; Saicmg; Spark-TY; TJ Toyota; Trumpchi GAC; Weili; Xiaokang Dongfeng; Xili,Faw Tianjin; Xinkai; YQ Mazda; Zhongshun; Zhongtai,Zotye; Zhongxing; (INDIA) Mahindra; Maruti; Tata; (MALAYSIA) Perodua; Proton; (IRAN) MVM
- Australian Cars: Au-Ford; Holden
It is remarkable that, for the sake of convenient use, the diagnostic scanner is shipped as a complete package with all the connectors and accessories that you need.
Alongside the scanner itself, you also get the main OBD1 / OBD2 connectors as well as vehicle-specific adaptors for:
AUDI-4, BENZ-14, BENZ-38, BMW-20, CHRYSLER-6, DAEWOO-12, DAIHATSU-4, FIAT-3, FORD-6+1, GAZ, GEELY-22, HONDA-3, KIA-20, MAZDA-17, MITSUBISHI/HYUNDAI-12+16, NISSAN-14+16, SSANGYONG-14, SSANGYONG-20, SUBARU-9, SUZUKI-3, TOYOTA-17, TOYOTA-22, UNIVERSAL-3, OBD 1 Adapter BOX, and AIT I OBD16 Extension Cable.
So basically, it supports full OBD1 and OBD2 protocols. What that means is that you can use this scan tool on virtually any vehicle manufactured between 1982 and now.
*For a complete list of covered vehicles please visit LAUNCH's website. You can reach them for inquiries regarding the compatibility of your car.
And the main unit is neatly packed in a black carrying case. Apart from housing the scan tool, the heavy-duty plastic case holds the cables, the user manual, and manufacturer-specific adapters.
The scanner itself is held in place using a durable strap. That protects it from damage, not only during shipping but also in your day to day use of the device.
Bottom Line: Who Is LAUNCH V+ 4.0 For?
So who is this diagnostic scanner built for?
I've already hinted at that – it is perfect for professionals. And if you own or run a small to medium-sized shop you may want to add this device to your list of scanners.
There are several reasons for that.
- First, it is a great performer when it comes to diagnostics. The fast speed, multitasking capabilities, database for organizing customer/vehicle data, and advanced functionalities make this scan tool ideal for professionals who offer auto services.
- Secondly, it covers a wide variety of vehicles, including OBD1 and OBD2 models.
- Thirdly, it is tailored for professional work. The rugged construction, advanced hardware, combined with the 32GB memory that stores vehicle data, makes it perfect for busy mechanical work. And while looks may not count for much, it is, in fact, an eye-catchy device.
- Equally important is the affordable price tag of the scanner (a little more than $1,000), despite the strong LAUNCH brand behind it.
- More importantly, its build with professional mechanics in mind. Pretty much every review will tell you that this device is packed with all the features needed for use in a professional auto shop.
In sum, the LAUNCH V+ 4.0 is a perfect device for doing significant vehicle repair and maintenance works.
If you are looking for a quick and straightforward diagnostic tool, it is one of the most reliable options, to help get the job done with minimal fuss and time, which is always beneficial.
1. X-431 Pro/Pro 3 Diferencias