OTC 3896 is rugged, large, easy to use and simple to operate, providing a simplified diagnostic process for any problem a technician may face. Dual WiFi technology means technicians can move freely, inspect and test components while connected to the vehicle. OTC 3896 has strong compatibility, wide coverage, and fast diagnostic speed and accuracy. It’s a good choice.
OTC 3896 Bullet Points
- Large Display: Rugged, 10.4 inch screen is the industry’s largest and brightest. Hardware warranty for Evolve scan tool tablet.
- Wireless Capabilities: Dual Wi-Fi architecture provides a secure, wireless VCI connection and reliable Internet connection. Move freely around the vehicle and shop with confidence.
- Wiring Diagrams Included: Includes full system wiring diagrams, not offered on any other scan tool in the market.
- Identifix Free Trial: 60-day Identifix Direct-Hit free trial. Security card to renew subscription for Evolve for 1 year (12 months).Software maintenance provides warranty on scan tool
- J2534 Compatible: J2534 compatible device for emissions-related ECU reprogramming and reflash.
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
OTC 3896 Review from Amazon Customer
The tool itself is lightweight, easy to hold and the screen works with wet hands. The controls are intuitive and you don’t have to search for a function like you do with the snap-on.
OTC 3896 Features
- The ruggedized tablet features an industry-leading 10.4 inch optically bonded screen providing unmatched visibility in most conditions, including direct sunlight
- Dual wifi architecture includes separate handset-VCI wifi and additional shop internet connection allowing the technician to move freely around the vehicle
- Bravo 3.0 software offers an easier to use, even more stable tool with additional vehicle coverage and capabilities
- Android operating system provides quick boot up and faster data processing during diagnostic sessions
- Embedded Identifix® assets available during every type of repair, including Code-Assist™, Symptom-Assist™ and Repair-Trac™
- Vehicle Communication Interface: J2534-compliant VCI device
- Access to wiring diagrams powered by Bosch directly from the tool
- 30 years of unmatched coverage, special tests and more
- One-touch AutoID™ – AutoID most CAN vehicles – including year, make, model and engine — in less than 5 seconds
- 1 Touch DTCs – Tap to get codes with access to millions of confirmed experience-based fixes
- Direct Hit™ – 60-day free trial of Identifix Direct Hit™
Evolve Scan Functionality
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European Bidirectional Controls
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European OBD II Enhanced
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European OBD I (with optional cables)
- All 10 Modes of OBD II
- Optional Heavy Duty Generic Coverage
- Multiple Language Support
- Internet upgradeable for coverage and vehicle updates
Vehicle Diagnostic Repair Information
- Scan and Scope Troubleshooting Repair Information
- Repair-Trac and Code-Assist DTC VIN Specific Tech Tips
- Symptom-Assist Specific Tech Tips
- Identifix Direct-Hit web-based Info
- Embedded Training Videos
- Direct-linking to multiple web-based repair tools
- All system wiring diagrams
OTC 3896 Categories
- Electronic Diagnostics
- Scan Diagnostics
- Scan Tools
- J2534 Devices
- OBD2 and Specialty
Related /Accessory Products
- OTC Encore Professional Diagnostic Tool
- Code Connect with ABS & Airbag
- Evolve 1-year Subscription Renewal
- Evolve 5′ OBD II Cable
- Evolve Power Supply
- Evolve Storage Bag
- OTC Evolve Docking Station
OTC 3896 Specifications
- Display | 10.4″ optically bonded
- WiFi Connectivity | Dual Wifi System and Bluetooth
- Ports | USB, HDMI, Ethernet, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Operating System | Android 5.0
- Internet Browser | Android
- Evolve Diagnostic Tablet
- Vehicle communication Interface
- Soft Carry Case
- OBDII Cable
- USB Cable
- Docking Station
- Power adapter
- Question: Does this scan tool will work with Mitchell estimating software?
Answer: You should have a Mitchell account , then it could works.
- Question: Does this scan tool work on blind spot systems and forward recognition cameras?
Answer: I’ve use mine in a Chevy and Ford late model yes.