OTC 3211 OBD I & II is a scanning tool for all cars and light trucks from 1996 and later. The color screen and soft case design as well as the multilingual menu make the device good-looking, simple to operate and easy to use. OTC 3211 has OBD II data in all modes, including O2 sensor testing, EVAP leak testing, graphical display and recording/playback of real-time OBD II data stream intermittent issues, freezing frame data.
- Powerful Compatibility: Works with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks (OBD II and CAN) as well as ’84-’95 Ford and GM and ’89-’95 Chrysler and Toyota vehicles (OBD I – cables included)ABS and Airbag/SRS coverage for most GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Toyota vehicles
- Great Construction: The OTC 3211 diagnostic scanner is excellently constructed to last longer. The unit is encased with a durable plastic body for withstanding harsh conditions. Thanks to the sturdy case that it comes with, you can easily keep it away when not in use. Furthermore, the device comes with a large LCD screen with clearly labeled buttons.
- Full Function: All modes OBD II data including O2 sensor test, EVAP Leak Test. Graph, Record/Playback of live OBD II data stream for intermittent issues. Freeze frame data from vehicle at time of fault Oil Light Reset, Battery Reset and Battery/ Alternator/ Charging System Monitor. Dual PID Graphing
- Easy to Operate: Thanks to its well-organized user interface that makes operating the scan tool straightforward. It has a large LCD screen with clear definitions. On top of that, the screen is colored for easy and quick reading, even in poorly lit places. It also comes with buttons that are well-labeled for easy operation. And with its perfect size, handling the unit won’t be an issue at all.
- Code Connect Top Rated Fixes: A unique feature of the OTC 3211 diagnostic scan tool is the CodeConnect related fixes. It offers more than 26 million fixes. These ensure that the user knows the most likely cause of the ABS, engine, and Airbag lights. On top of that, it also offers alternate causes and not just one fix for all faults.
- Internet updateable: The scan tool can be updated by connecting it to a computer using an update cable. This will allow you to have the latest software and diagnose the most recent car makes and models. It is vital to note that the updates last up to year 15.
The OTC Scanner is great, have no complaints. Good quality and feels good in the hand. One feature that I didn't expect was the "Charging System Monitor". When you start the vehicle it will report the condition of the battery, electric starter and alternator. The live data will let you analyze problems as they start to develop.
- Extensive Vehicle Coverage: If you’re a mechanic or handle many cars in a day, having a scanner that you can count on is crucial. That’s what you will get when you purchase the OTC 3211 OBD1 & OBD2 automotive scan tool. The gadget works with all 1996 and later cars and light trucks, as long as it’s OBD2 and CAN compatible. Moreover, the scanner works on most 1984 to 1995 Ford & GM, and 1989 to 1995 Chrysler & Toyota vehicles. All the listed OBD1 cables are included.
- Multilingual Menu: What we like most about the OTC 3211 car scan tool because it offers three languages to select from. These are English, Spanish, and French. This allows mechanics and technicians to choose a language that they understand best.
- Easy to Connect: Connecting the scanner to your vehicle is not a problem as it comes with an OBD port. Note that the port for OBD2 can be used on all OBD2 compliant vehicles. On the other hand, different OBD1 cars will have to use different ports.
- Affordability: The OTC 3211 may offer both OBDI and OBDII diagnostic functions, but this device is affordable than similar units on the market. If you desire to save some money but invest in a reliable scanner that offers a vast range of functions, this is the unit for you.
- Functionalities: One thing that makes the OTC 3211 OBDI & OBDII scanner special is its ability to perform both OBD1 and OBD2 functions. You can utilize this unit to perform oil reset light, charging monitor system, freeze frame data, O2 sensor test, graph/record/playback live data, and much more. Also, it performs ABS and SRS coverage for most car makes and models on the market. With the Auto Vin function, you don’t have to continue guessing the vehicle’s make, model, and manufacturer year.
- Includes OBD I Cables for 1984-95 GM and Ford vehicles and 1989-95 Chrysler and Toyota vehicles
- OBD I Live engine data for pre-1996 vehicles for faster vehicle diagnosis
- Code Connect - Over 26+ million fixes that provide the most likely fix for the issue that is both vehicle and code specific
- ABS and Airbag Code coverage for most Domestic and Asian vehicles 1996-2013
- Color screen
- Oil Light Reset
- Dual PID Graphing
- Battery Life Reset
|It is lightweight and portable.||It has compatibility problems.|
|It has a compact design for ease of use and storage.||The unit performs a limited range of functions.|
|Live data enables the user to analyze car problems faster.|
|It performs diagnoses for both OBD1 and OBD2 compatible vehicles.|
|OTC 3211 provides extensive vehicle coverage.|
|It comes with a software upgrade.|
|OTC 3211 scanner is simple to use and efficient in performance.|
|It offers multilingual menu and accurate results.|
- Base unit
- Quick Start Manual
- USB Update Cable
- Soft Carry Case
- 4 AAA Batteries
- GM ALDL OBD I Cable
- Ford EEC-IV OBD I Cable
- Chrysler SCI OBD I Cable
- Toyota Rectangular OBD I Cable
- Toyota Round OBD I Cable
- OBD II Cable
- 6' Extension Cable
- 12V cigarette lighter adapter
- Question: Is the OTC 3211 OBDI & OBD2 scan tool made for DIYers or professionals?
Answer: The OTC 3211 OBD1 and OBD2 diagnostic scanner is made for professional mechanics, DIYers, and start-up technicians. Thanks to its wide range of functions that allow users to conduct various tests. It has advanced functions such as live data and charging system monitor. You can also use it to do oil reset, battery rest, O2 sensor test, graph or playback live data, and EVAP leak test. A peculiar function such as the Auto Vin allows you to identify the vehicle, its model, and the manufacturer’s year for quick and easy diagnosis.
- Question: Does OTC provide updates for the OTC 3211 OBD1 & OBD2 scanner?
Answer: Yes, they do. This brand comes with software updates up to 2017. This means that you won’t have issues getting updates if you buy a vehicle made before 2017. But if you buy a car that is made after 2017, you won’t get any updates. This is very disappointing for people who want to diagnose their latest vehicle makes and models.
- Question: What is the difference between the generic scan tool and the OE-specific scan tool?
Answer: Generic diagnostic scanners only provide the basic emissions data as required by the US EPA. On the contrary, manufacturer-specific scanners offer much more than just basic emissions data. Aside from the basic functions, they can also provide advanced and unique functions that allow users to diagnose various functions.