The ACTRON CP9680 card reader is compact, portable and easy to use. It has a simple user interface with a vibrant color display that makes it easy for DIYers, professionals and car enthusiasts to use the device. It can also be updated and has multiple power sources. The CP9680 code reader can be used to check the status of the engine, airbag, and ABS when the dashboard lights are on. It can not only display the DTC, but also help prioritize troubleshooting according to the vehicle's manufacturer, model, year, and engine. In addition, it has the CodeConnect feature, which provides a comprehensive database of more than 26 million DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) fixes.
- Live Data Reading as Well as Graphic Presentation: This feature enables the OBD 2 diagnostic scan tool users to have the leeway of having to access the data codes in real-time. Furthermore, the code reader has the choice of providing the users graphical presentation of the coded data which allows for better analysis of the fault and to rectify it.
- Utilizes True Link Technology: This is one of the exceptional features of this gadget. This feature makes it be universally accepted. As a result, it can be connected to any OBD 2 compliant vehicle regardless of the model.
- Greater Compatibility: The cp9680 has the ability to cover both domestic vehicles manufactured in the United States as well as imports and generic car models coming from other corners of the world. The device covers even the earlier years than what most OBDII gadgets do. This includes OBD II compliant vehicles manufactured from 1994 and 1995. Some of the types of vehicles that this device is compatible with include Ford, Toyota, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Chrysler, and Nissan.
- Online Updateable: With the current technology, a scan tool that doesn’t have an updateable feature can appear to be less useful. This is because it won’t be able to function in the latest car makes and models. This automotive scanner comes with a USB port for connecting to the computer to update the software of the device. So, it will still function on the latest models by simply updating it.
- Wide Range of Functions: The cp9680 scan tool performs a wide range of functions. It has 26 million experience based fixes, battery reset options, and oil light. It also supports 5 previous vehicles searches, code criteria, and quick test. The gadget can perform these and many other tests.
- Varied Power Source: This is one of the exceptional features of this device. Most of the diagnostic scanners on the market don’t come with an extra battery. This is the reason why this gadget is referred to as standalone. It comes with an alternative charging as well as an external battery power. You can leave the device on and it won’t deplete the car power as it utilizes its own power. This feature also allows you to diagnose the car without using engine power.
- Code Connect Feature: This is a great feature that enables the user to access a great deal of data and thus increase the compatibility mode to cover generic as well as manufacturer-specific data codes. The only problem with this feature is that the code connect aspect can be accessed in English only and not any other two languages.
This scanner is better than I expected. Easy to use clear screen that makes it easy to read and understand data. Plus a feature that give suggested repair options. Highly recommended.
- Great Size and Weight: When it comes to usage, this is the perfect OBD 2 scan tool for your daily needs. It measures 10.9 by 7.7 by 2 inches. This implies that you will have an ample time holding it in the hand or keeping it in the car compartment. In addition, the scan tool has an excellent weight of 0.3 ounces which can be a nice assurance that the user will not undergo any burden when using this scanner.
- Intuitive Interface: The cp9680 code reader has an easy to use interface. The LCD color screen displays all the data and it is backlit to provide clear results. Moreover, it is trilingual in that one has three languages to select from. These are English, Spanish, and French.
- High Accuracy: Every fix that you apply on the vehicle is the right one as all the fixes and repairs displayed on the gadget are verified and certified by professional auto-tech mechanics.
- Antilock Brake System and Airbag Data Coding Features: These two features enable the OBD 2 scanner to have an excellent grasp of the data as well as offering it the ability to provide fast solutions to any data fault reading in case of an emergency.
- Hard Copy Data: Besides having the capability to provide data in real-time, the OBD 2 diagnostic scan tool users can enjoy the comfort of accessing the data in its printed form for better analysis and rectification as well as future use of the coded data.
- Reads and displays Airbag codes and definitions for most 1996-2013 GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Hyundai vehicles
- Reads and displays ABS codes and definitions for most 1996-2013 GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Hyundai vehicles
- Read and display: MIL status, all available I/M Monitors (emissions), pending DTCs, freeze frame data (snapshot of vehicle data at the time of the fault); read and erase DTCs; monitor Fuel Mileage parameters
- Record, playback and graph live engine data to aid in troubleshooting
- Includes: Battery/Alternator/Charging System Monitor, Component Locator – Text based description of where to find a component on the vehicle, Color Screen, and Trilingual menu and code definitions (English, Spanish, French)
- Supersedes P/Ns: CP9580A
- Print to PC
- Reads Codes
- Reads ABS Codes
- Erases Codes
- LCD Readout
- Oil light and Battery reset
- GM DTC status
- Graph two PIDs at same time
- LIVE real-time data, over 300 possible data PIDs available
- Record/playback of live data
- Full manufacturer-specific code definitions—make/model/year
- Visual indication when trying to communicate and retrieve data from an OBD II vehicle
- Read and display all available I/M monitors
- Read and display pending DTCs
- Read and display freeze-frame data
- Read and display VIN, CVN, and Cal ID
- Battery/alternator/charging system monitor
- Mode 6 in layman's terminology
- Trilingual menu and code definitions (English, Spanish, French)
- System setup menu includes language setup, unit of measure, display test, keypad test, memory test, tool information, and program
|It is sturdy and compact in design.||Lacks some functions that are found in standard scan tools such as test individual sensors and lacks PCM programming.|
|This tool supports both battery and alternator charging.||There is limited access to the code connect feature as it is only available in English and not in Spanish or French languages.|
|It quickly and accurately reads airbag and check engine light codes.|
|The LCD color screen displays all the info and it is easy to navigate even in dim areas|
It can be updated via the internet and comes with a USB cable for this function.
|The Actron cp9680 scan tool is very easy to read even without professional OBDII knowledge.|
- Question: does this scanner tool work on japanese vehicles and suv
Answer: Yes, the CP9680 works with all 1996 and newer vehicles (domestic, European and Asian) for check engine light issues. It can also provide codes and definitions for ABS and Airbag warning lights on GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Hyundai.
- Question: Would this scan the air bag light on a 2007 Cadillac Escalade
Answer: If the Escalade's 8th digit of VIN is 8, the tool can read and erase engine, transmission, ABS as well as reset oil light. However, it cannot read/erase airbag codes for this vehicle.
- Question: Is this able to Clear Airbag codes?
Answer: Yes, the Actron CP9680 can read and clear airbag codes as well as provide code definitions for most 1996-2013 GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Hyundai cars and light trucks.
1. Actron CP9680 AutoScanner Plus