The Ancel AD510 is an easy-to-use, beginner scanner. It supports multiple operating systems and can capture large amounts of sensor data, read fault codes, turn off and reset displays, as well as retrieve the vehicle's VIN,CIN and CVN. The Ancel AD510 features a silicone protective case that won't crack when the scanner falls five feet from the ground, making it non-slip and durable, while being designed to be small and friendly enough to carry around. 2.8-inch TFT HD screen with a new UI interface, beautiful and generous. In addition, it adds a battery voltage detection feature to monitor the health of the battery, which tells you that you have an aging battery or an overcharged generator.
- Diagnostic functions: The Ancel code reader can also be used for I/M readiness, EVAP system and O2 sensor tests. These tests are meant to ensure that the engine is using fuel efficiently. They also show whether your car’s emissions are within the required standards. Ancel AD510 performs battery checks and monitoring. It will tell you the status of the battery in real-time. That voltage info generally also protects the car from excessive voltage.
- Battery Check: Monitors and displays real-time battery voltage before and after ignition to analyze and determine the battery health status and if the battery needs to charge. It also reminds you when having an aging battery or overcharging alternator.
- Construction and Interface: A 1.5 pounder, this Ancel code reader measures 10.1 x 7.3 x 3 inches. Its body features a rugged and anti-shock exterior that shields the device from damage under impact. It is also an anti-slip, which makes it ideal for auto works. Besides the 2.8-inch TFT screen, this code reader also features three LEDs that provide light notifications during I/M readiness tests.
- Strong Applicability: Works on all OBDII protocols: KW2000, ISO9141, J1850VPW, J1850PWM and CAN. Compatible with most 1996 and newer vehicles sold in the USA. Supports English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese
- Smog Check: Supports oxygen sensor test and EVAP test. O2 sensor test can retrieve and view the test results for the most recently performed test from the vehicle’s on-board computer. Accurately identifies failures of the oxygen sensor and vehicle emissions-related errors. It also displays the status and result of the EVAP test from the fuel system.
- Print/ Update: Connect this unit to your PC with USB cable, Click "Print" option then you can print the diagnostic report as a record for future use. This unit also supports life-time free upgrade online to fix the latest bugs or add newly parameters by downloading the software from ANCEL website, then follow on-screen instructions.
Excellent scanner! Does everything as advertised and very easy to use and update. If you need help updating this unit, see my comment to XDM GUY. The cost vs features make this unit a no brain purchase.
- 3 Warning Lights: The 3 warning lights give the user a remind about no error or existing error codes. Different color indicator light means the different status.
- Green indicator: No fault code. Yellow indicator: Pending fault codes that need to be processed. Red indicator: Permanent fault codes, you may need to repair the vehicle.
- Compatibility: ANCEL AD510 scanner is compatible with cars with OBDII plug. So it can be used on European 2001, Asian 2005 car models, and the US-made vehicles from 1996 to present. The ANCEL AD510 scanner also supports most newer models of cars in the market. Not only that, but the scanner also comes with a USB cable that can be connected to Windows, IOS, and Android run devices to give real-time readings on engine status.
- Display: The scanner comes with a 2.8-inch LCD backlight screen that is big enough for one to read without strain. Moreover, the interactive interface is available in eight languages. People can read, store, and playback live data collected on the Evap system.
- Durable: When you dropped the scanner from a five-foot height, it maintained its shape without cracks on the screen or dents. Furthermore, the drop did not interfere with the overall performance of the device. The casing is hardened plastic that keeps the inside parts intact, making the tool last long.
- Multi-Language Support: The scanner supports eight languages. Many late car models from various countries can use it. The scanner can be upgraded by connecting to the internet as well. You can print your car diagnostic history too when you join online and check your car’s engine’s overall health.
- Read Codes(mode 1): read generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes;
- Erase/Clear Codes(mode 2): clear detected trouble codes and turn off the MIL/Check Engine Light;
- DTC Look-up: Built-in DTC look-up library contains OVER 3000 code definitions. You can use it like a dictionary and search the code definition by simply inputting the characters to locate the code. If a fault code is detected during diagnosing, the code definition will be shown by directly clicking the fault code.
- Live Data Stream(mode 3): Displays live data stream of the parameters you selected in graph. The data includes the values of volts, rpm, temperature, speed, etc., and the system status (open loop and closed loop, fuel system status etc). The graphing data gives a clearer view of the vehicle conditions and real-time performance than a text form.
- Freeze Frame(Mode 4), O2 Monitor(mode 5): view the vehicle’s operating parameters when a DTC is detected;
- On-board Monitoring(mode 6): The on-board monitoring system makes it possible to get real-time information about your car.
- I/M readiness(mode 7)：Designed with I/M readiness hot key, quick access to emissions readiness status. Displays a general view of existing errors. It tests misfire, fuel system and comprehensive component. Let you know the status of the engine system, and helps you to pass the smog check.
- EVAP Monitor Test(mode 8): initiate a leak test for EVAP system to test components or modules;
- Vehicle Information(mode 9): retrieve the vehicle information of VIN, CINs, and CVNs.
- Reads and clears fault codes, turns off check engine light.
- O2 sensor test.
- Views freeze frame data.
- On-Board monitoring test.
- Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN).
- Displays I/M readiness status(Non-continuously monitored systems test).
- Stores and playbacks live PCM, O2 sensor, EVAP system and freeze frame data.
- Built-in DTC lookup library, retrieves generic (P0,P2,P34-P39,B0,B3,C0,C3,U0,U3) and manufacturer specific codes(P1,P30-P33,B1,B2,C1,C2,U1,U2), shows definitions.
- Battery voltage detection to monitor the health status of the battery.
- Lifetime free update online and print freeze frame, data stream and DTCs.
- Supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN.
- Compliant with most vehicles sold in the USA 1996 and newer.
- Supports English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
|The multilingual interface offers language options||Not compatible with Mac|
|Compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, 10.||Can’t diagnose other primary vehicle systems like ABS, SRS and transmission|
|Supports full OBD2 diagnostics.||Slow tech support|
|Offers special functions like I/M readiness test, battery monitoring and vehicle identification.|
|Provides live data on a screen and LED notifications.|
Looking at the functionality and price of this Ancel code reader you can tell that it’s meant for ordinary car owners. It is a basic tool for resetting the MIL and performing the essential tests.
Definitely not good enough for professional technicians but more than sufficient for a car owner.
- Question: Does the scan tool work for a 2001 volkswagen passat ? also, how do i update it for newer vehicles?
- Answer: Yes, it can work on your car. About how to update the ANCEL AD510, we made a very detailed Instruction about update steps in description page "Additional information" part which named User Guide PDF you can download it by your needs.
- Question: could you please confirm if this reader has portuguese language?
- Answer: Hi, thank you for your questions, the ANCEL AD510 can supports English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Dutch and Portuguese. you can choose the target language if you need.
- Question: Does it work on any chevy 99-2018 models ?
- Answer: Hi, thank you for your question, it works on most chevy 2002-2017 models, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.