The ANCEL AD530 is a highly advanced and professional diagnostic scanning tool with advanced ECU programming and coding capabilities and a wide range of innovative features and strong compatibility. It can effectively shows fault code, to provide basic and advanced diagnosis of automotive systems, such as engine, ABS, SRS, transmission, airbags, car radio system, the battery inspection, etc., in addition, Ancel AD530 scanners can real-time display of several parts, presents the 12 v battery real-time data, including the coolant temperature, voltage, speed and engine speed. With a 2.8-inch display and accessible interface, the Ancel OBD2 Auto Code Reader is designed to be easy to use and very versatile. It supports full OBD mode, and it also supports lifelong free updates!
- Full OBD Service Modes Supported: Turns off malfunction indicator light (MIL), read/erase fault codes and reset the monitor, graphing Lives data stream, view freeze frame data, O2 sensor test, EVAP system test, I/M readiness status (emissions), advanced On-Board monitoring test and retrieves vehicle information (VIN).
- Compatibility: The Ancel AD530 diagnostic scan tool is capable of diagnosing issues with USA vehicles modeled after 1996, 2000 EU-Based, and 2005 Asian-Based cars or newer. What’s more, this OBD II vehicle diagnostic device supports ALL OBDII protocols: O9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, and CAN (Controller Area Network). This means it’s simple to diagnose a wide variety of issues efficiently.
- EVAP Test: The EVAP test function lets you initiate a leak test for the vehicle's EVAP system. The OBD2 diagnostic tool does not perform the leak test, but signals to the vehicle's onboard computer to initiate the test. Before using the system test function, refer to the vehicle's service repair manual to determine the procedures necessary to stop the test.
- Live Data Stream and Freeze Frame Data: Live data stream can show certain vehicle elements in real-time to monitor your vehicle status, such as engine RPM, speed, coolant temperature, voltage and so on. Freeze frame data can be either a single record of a certain set of operating conditions. It's a snapshot of whatever is wrong with your vehicle to help you fix your vehicle in time.
- DTC-Lookup and "i" - Button: Not only explain the fault code, but also analyze the possible causes of the vehicle. User - friendly "i" button lets you directly understand the meaning of the code without any hassle. Pressing the "i" button will give you accurate repair advice instead of a bunch of technical terms you don't understand.
- I/M Readiness: Designed with I/M readiness hot key, provides quick access to emissions readiness status, helps the engine run as efficiently as possible and also to produce as few emissions as possible.
- On-boarding Monitoring and O2 Sensor: Monitor the condition of the vehicle and check the status of the oxygen sensor in time. When O2 Sensor is Bad: Drastically worse gas mileage and performance; Rough running that doesn't improve after changing spark plugs and plug wires; Fouled spark plugs and an engine that runs rich (black smoke, carbon around the tailpipe).
- Design: The sleek black design of the Ancel AD530 OBD2 scanner tool favors a user-friendly interface and comfort . Equipped with an integrated 2.8″ color screen, with an advanced STM 32-bit CPU this product is efficient and reliable in comparison to competitor products.
The best for the price: There are more expensive tools out there , but this one can do all the things i wanted and it is really affordable , easy to clear codes, and read codes, gives you more info on error codes using the big (I) button , it can read battery charge status, comes in many languages and great manufacturer support for updates !
- Multilingual: The Ancel AD530 OBD2 scanner also supports an impressive 16 languages, which greatly enhances its usability around the globe.
- Freeze frame data: It is a unique and useful feature of the Ancel AD530 vehicle OBD2 scanner. This fantastic freeze frame data tool provides a snapshot overview of your vehicle that simplifies your task of fixing it. You’ll know exactly what’s wrong and how to get the check engine light turned off in no time at all.
- Live Data Stream: The live data stream on this Ancel scanner shows certain vehicle elements in real-time to monitor your vehicle status. The live stream data on your diagnostic scan tool monitor elements such as engine RPM, speed, coolant temperature, voltage, and more.
- Compare with Other Regular Code Readers: The improved battery detection function allows monitoring your vehicle battery automatically with reliable real-time graph data form instead of a direct result on the screen that an ordinary code reader does.
- Diagnostics: The Ancel AD530 is one of those diagnostic tools that’s efficient and easy to use. It works in a number of different ways to diagnose problems with the vehicle. You can view live data as either a graph or in a text format, whichever is preferable for you! You’ll know ahead of the battery status from the readings.
- Advanced Code Definition: Just click the “i” button for an explanation of the trouble code and an analysis of possible causes. It gives you accurate repair advice instead of a bunch of technical jargon that you can’t understand (even if you don’t want to admit it. The Ancel OBD2 fault code base and software versions are being constantly updated for free, so you’ll always be on top of any problem that comes your way.
- Print Functions: There’s also the option to print the trouble codes with code definitions. All you have to do is connect the device with USB cable to your computer or laptop, transfer the files, and print them.
- Upgraded Graphing Battery Test Function: The improved battery detection function allows monitoring your vehicle battery automatically with reliable real-time graph data form instead of a direct result on the screen that an ordinary code reader does, which will ensure that you can access and analyze the accurate live data and determine the battery's health status or expected remaining life.
|Real-time detailed graph battery status||On the heavy side|
|Onboard monitoring||Bulky design|
|Read and erase codes|
|Integrated 2.8-inch display|
|Advanced code definition|
- Reads and displays DTCS(Diagnostic Trouble Code); Erases DTCS
- Reads live data stream
- Views freeze frame data
- O2 sensor test
- I/M monitor readiness test
- Displays On-board monitor test results
- Evap system test
- Retrieves vehicle information(VIN, CIN, and CVN)
- Reads, records & playbacks DTCs
- On-Screen live data graphing, Built-in code library
- Help function(“i” button)
- BAT test (Real Time Battery Voltage)
- The newest fault code database
- Print DTCs report via PC
- Feedback Function
- Lifetime free update
- Question: Why would I want an OBDII scanner? After all, I can’t fix my car myself.
Answer: Having an OBDII scanner at home is helpful even for those who have no experience as a mechanic. By running the scanner, you can find error codes that give you an idea what’s wrong with the vehicle. You can then make an informed decision about whether the car needs to be taken to a mechanic immediately or if the problem can wait. Additionally, you’ll know whether the repair shop is treating you fairly regarding proposed repairs.
- Question: How do I update software from internet.
Answer: I cannot update my AD530 either. I can download the update, extract the files and follow all directions according to the manual for windows 10 after connecting the AD530 with included USB. But I get the message that the update could not connect to the AD530 every time. Also when I try register the AD530 at the Ancel website I cannot register it because I get the message that the serial number is incorrect each and every time