The FOXWELL NT301 is a quick and easy scanner that reads trouble codes from the car's engine. The device's code reader provides very useful information for entry-level professionals and savvy DIY people to address the causes of most engine lights, enabling them to quickly and efficiently solve OBD2/EOBD problems on today's cars. In addition, its 2.8 "TFT color screen and hot keys for I/M readiness tests, read/clear DTC will save you a lot of time and money. NT301 works with all OBD2/EOBD compliant cars, light-duty trucks,SUVs,minivans and hybrid sold worldwide.
- Vehicle CEL Doctor: The obd2 scanner can quickly help you read DTCs (engine fault codes), locate bad O2 sensor, access to emissions readiness status, turn off check engine light(CEL) or MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp) , reset monitor, read enhanced data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
- Read and Erase Codes: The Foxwell NT301 obd2 code scanner can read and erase codes which can also retrieve a wealth of information from the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The ECU is what triggers the Check Engine Light when there is a problem with your car. And the NT301 obd2 code reader will read codes indicating these fault parts. After the car problems have been solved, Foxwell NT301 car code reader can erase these trouble codes and turn off check engine light.
- Accuracy & Streams: Live data in both graph and text forms. Accurately read vehicle error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light truck and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Besides, the car scanner also shows live vehicle sensors data in text and graph format and allows you to focus on any suspicious or symptom-specific data parameters.
- Save Time and Money: Perform a complete diagnosis of your car anytime, anywhere with Foxwell NT301 check engine light diagnostic tool. It is designed for fast use so you can get the results you want in the shortest time with one-click hot keys for reading/clearing DTCs. It enables you repair the problem yourself, or let you know exactly what needs replacement in case you need to take your car to a repair shop. This helps you avoid blind maintenance and repair costs that could amount to hundreds or thousands of dollars. You also avoid being pushed to buy parts that you do not need because you know exactly what is wrong with your vehicle.
- Smog Check Helper: Read/Erase and I/M readiness hot keys make it easy to use this car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for smog test. The obdii scan tool also help catch intermittent problems and confirm repairs during a drive cycle, so that help you quickly determine the health of the car.
- Home Necessity：NT301 car scanner is open to global customers. No battery required, it is charged directly from the OBDII interface in your vehicle (please turn your vehicle ignition on), making it convenient for Home and Autoshop Mechanics.
- User-friendly Design: Hand-held size, clearly arranged keypad, menu-driven navigation, hotkeys and 2.8'' color screen together make the engine tool extremely easy to use.
- Optional Carrying Case: With this Foxwell NT301 protection carrying case, you can prevent it from being damaged whether you place it in a trunk, toolbox, or garage.
Diagnostic reported a P0441 error on my Jeep Cherokee. The evaporations purge system was faulty. Going online and searching the web helped to identify the part I needed and I eventually found where in the engine the purge solenoid was located. The part cost $88 plus 30 minutes of my time to locate in the back of the engine and replace. The Foxwell paid for itself! It also erased the engine fault.
- Supports multiple code requests: Generic, manufacturer specific and pending codes.
- Clears codes, turns off Check Engine Light (CEL) and resets monitors.
- DTC definition can be automatically displayed after reading, press "HELP" button with DTC guide for possible causes if codes show the small "?" icon.
- Reads freeze frame data which shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, fuel pressure, engine coolant temp, etc. at the time the Malfunction Indicator Lamp(MIL) was set.
- Reads, records, graphs & playbacks(data logging) live sensor data.
- Reads live O2 sensor/on-board monitor test data.(Full OBD modes including Mode 6 and Mode 8)
- Full OBD Service Modes
The Foxwell NT301 OBD2 universal check engine light tool is made to easily read and erase engine codes. It is an enhanced OBD II and EOBD scanner that covers all obd2 protocols and all OBD diagnostic services, therefore it will work with virtually any vehicle equipped with obd2 and view more powertrain diagnostic data than other obd2 scan tool.
- Specially Designed for Home Diagnostics
The code reader car diagnostic tool is specifically designed for car owners to identify problems with their vehicles before taking them to a mechanic. It is therefore ideal for use at home, and is very easy to use. Moreover, it will save lots of car maintenance costs for you. Simply plug it in and hit enter. It supports all OBD II functions, and will therefore work for all vehicles compatible with standard obdii protocols.
- Enhanced OBD II functions
NT301 obd2 scan tool can not only read and clear engine fault codes, save money for you, but also have some enhanced functions which could help you find some deep problems so that makes your diagnosis easier.
- 1.LED Notifications: Red-Yellow-Green LEDs and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for smog check. This engine diagnostic tool can also help catch intermittent problems or confirm repairs during a drive cycle.
- 2.Data Log: The NT301 engine code reader records PIDs for later use to help you diagnose intermittent driving performance problems which can not be determined by any other methods.
- 3.DTC Help: Press "HELP" button with DTC guide for possible causes if codes show the small "?" icon.
- 4.VIN Retrival: Automatic VIN acquisition and decoding make it much easier to read manufacturer specific codes and enhanced mode 6 data.
- 5.Print Data: If you are unable to determine the problem, you can print out the diagnostic data and send the data to your mechanic for help.
|Accurate Readings||Cannot read ABS codes)|
|Smart Design||Cannot help with Oil Service Reset|
|Convenient to Use|
- Display: 2.8” TFT color screen
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 70°C (-4 to 158°F)
- Power: 8 to 18 V provided via vehicle
- Supported Protocols: J1859-41.6, J1850-10.4, ISO9141, KWP2000 (ISO 14230), and CAN (Control Area Network ISO 11898)
- Dimensions: 145*94*32MM
- Weight: 0.6KG
- Dimensions of Packaging: 265*175*42MM
- PCS/CTN: 60PCS
- Net Weight/CTN: 18.00KGS
- Gross Weight/CTN: 32.5KGS
- CTN MEAS: 590*480*566MM
- 1*NT301 obd2 scanner,
- 1* usb cable,
- 1* quick reference guide,
- 1*user manual
- Question: Will this device able to troubleshoot a car’s problem WITHOUT the warning light shown on dash or even without this indicator “Service Engine Soon”?
- Answer: No. At least not in most cases. The CEL and OBD2 systems are generally associated with a cars emissions systems although the scanner will display many operating parameters which could be used in diagnosing other issues. In short these entry level scanners will tell you the trouble codes you need to know when your CEL is on. They will not diagnose other engine problems not associated with the CEL but will display operating conditions which may be useful with that.
- Question: does this reset "service now" message on 2004 Porsche Cayenne S (8 cyl)
- Answer: Yes, it should; if it were an issue like an oil change, or an O2 Sensor, you would have to fix the issue before reseting other wise after a certain time of the vehicle running or been driven during its readiness monitors cycle (something most motorists should know about before bringing it in for a smog check) during which if the ECM finds the same issue it will flag it and turn your light back on. Now disconnecting your battery for a few minutes will do the same trick in reseting it as well.
1. Foxwell NT301 Update Tutorial (2020 Walkthrough Guide)