The THINKCAR THINKSCAN MAX is a professional car scanner designed for mechanical and DIYers. It is the highest-level DIY OBD product in THINKCAR series products. It is equipped with various basic and advanced functions, equipped with Android operating system, powerful function and can be updated online. With this device, you can read and clear code, or perform a system wide scan. In addition, THINKSCAN MAX also checks the SRS, ABS and transmission systems, performs EPB or runs TPMS and other functions.
- ALL SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS: THINKSCAN MAX Scanner offers additional features for diagnostics, testing, and access to other supplemental systems in a vehicle. That means you can do engine, SRS, ABS and transmission checks. Read/clear codes, look up to real-time data stream. After subscribing to the model software(49.95 USD/Year), you are able to experience OE-level functionality and is loaded with features that include advanced ECU coding and bi-directional test.
- 28 RESET FUNCTIONS: 28 special service functions such as Oil Reset, DPF regeneration, IMMO Reset, Throttle Matching, Steering Angle Calibration, Tire Pressure Reset are some key features of this professional car diagnostic tool that make them perfect workshop accessory for technicians, enthusiasts, or DIYers.
- ONE-KEY UPDATE: Reset software is free update online for lifetime.Basic function of car is free;full car software is $49.95 a year.Basic function: read/erase fauty code, read data stream, read version info.
- FULL OBDⅡ TEST MODES: This device works on OBD2 vehicles, both domestic and foreign. So if your car is a 1996 or newer model chances are you may use the code reader. Beyond codes, you can check your car's emission status to confirm that it meets state and federal standards. You can use it to reset the MIL easily. And that makes it ideal for the ordinary car owner.
- ACTIVE TESTS: also known as Actuator Tests, are bi-directional diagnostic tests on vehicle systems and component. The tests let you to use the scanner temporarily activate or control a vehicle system or component, and when you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.The sequence, number and type of tests are dictated by the control module. On some systems, the actuator tests cannot be restarted until the ignition key is switched off for some time. Alternatively, briefly start and run the engine, shut down, turn the ignition to the run position, then re-initiate the actuator tests.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE & UPGRADABLE SOFTWARE: With a 6.0-inch responsive touchscreen, using a fast quad-core processor, this tablet scanner will speed up your car diagnostic time. The THINKSCAN MAX scan tool can also update itself over the internet automatically, in order to accommodate the latest diagnostic technology and newer vehicle models. In addition to that, you can choose to view graphs or print the data via PC.
- SCREENSHOT& SCREEN RECORDER: You can capture and save the diagnositc process with this feature rather then use the telephone to take pictures.
- PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT TEAM: This automotive diagnostic scanner has the most extensive vehicle coverage. It is compatible with more than 90 US, EU, and Asian cars and vehicles. You can protect your investment with this device because it comes with a 1-YEAR WARRANTY. THINKCAR support is top-notch so you won't be on your own if there's ever an issue with your new OBD2 scanner.
- MUTI-LANGUAGE: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese.
My ebay picks - You will be redirected to ebay.com
THINKSCAN Max through the simple Bluetooth communication between diagnostic dongle and the host computer, it achieves full car model and full system vehicle trouble diagnosis,which include Reading DTCs, Clearing DTCs,Reading Data Stream, Actuation Test and Special Functions.
- Wireless Connection, Bluetooth Diagnosis
Many traditional diagnostic scan tools are equipped with diagnostic cables and you have to connect the car scanner with the OBDII port via cable during the diagnosis, which limits the diagnostic distance within 1m. While thinktool mini offers wireless connector, making it convenient and efficient during the work.
- Optional Bi-direction Tests & ECU Coding
Bi-direction Tests: Test whether the actuator is normal: turn on the radiator fan, adjust the throttle, open/close windows, operate the rearview mirror, turn on/off the lights, turn on/off the horn, etc.
ECU Coding: Carry out the customer's personalized customization of the car, such as setting alarms, door locks and outdoor lighting, etc. to improve car performance or upgrade to high-end car functions (for BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, etc.).
- Share & Print the Diagnosis Report
What differentiates this device from others is the repair report which takes error codes, interprets them, and actually shows you possible causes and potential fixes. You can share and print the diagnosis report.
- Oil Maintenance Reset: gives you the ability to detect how long your vehicle will last after newly replaced oil as well as shutting off the light.
- IMMO Reset: with anti-theft matching, you no longer have to worry about the high costs of lost keys.
- ABS Bleeding: When the ABS contains air, the ABS bleeding function must be performed to bleed the brake system to restore ABS brake sensitivity. lf the ABS computer,ABS pump, brake master cylinder, brake cylinder, brake line, or brake fluid is replaced, the ABS bleeding function must be performed to bleed the ABS.
- EPB: Remind you to reset the brake pad, especially if you have replaced it.
- DPF: Help you clear the blockage in the DPF filter, to meet emission standards.
- Battery Matching: Reset a battery after you have replaced it.
- Throttle Matching: After replacing the ECU, throttle matching is required.
- Injector Matching: Usually after replacing the fuel injector, it is necessary to confirm or recode the fuel nozzle of each cylinder.
- Steering Angle Reset: To reset the steering angle, first find the relative zero point position for the car to drive in straight line.Taking this position as reference, the ECU can calculate the accurate angle for left and right steering.After replacing the steering angle position sensor, replacing steering mechanical parts (such as steering gearbox, steering column, end tie rod, steering knuckle), performing four-wheel alignment, or recovering car body, you must reset the steering angle.
- Break-pad Reset: If the brake pad wears the brake pad sense line, the brake pad sense line sends a signal sense line to the on-board computer to replace the brake pad.After replacing the brake pad, you must reset the brake pad.Otherwise, the car alarms.
- Gear Learning: The crankshaft position sensor learns crankshaft gear machining tolerance and saves to the computer to more accurately diagnose engine misfires. lf gear learning is not performed for a car equipped with Delphi engine, the MlL turns on after the engine is started.The diagnostic device detects the DTC P1336'gear not learned'. In this case, you must use the diagnostic device to perform gear learning for the car.After gear learning is successful, the MIL turns off. After the engine ECU, crankshaft position sensor, or crankshaft flywheel is replaced, or the DTC 'gear not learned" is present, gear learning must be performed.
- TPMS Reset: After the tire pressure MIL turns on and maintenance is performed, the tire pressure resetting function must be performed to reset tire pressure and turn off the tire pressure MIL.Tire pressure resetting must be performed after maintenance is performed in the following cases: tire pressure is too low, tire leaks, tire pressure monitoring device is replaced or installed, tire is replaced, tire pressure sensor is damaged,and tire is replaced for the car with tire pressure monitoring function.
- Suspension Matching: This function can adjust the height of the body. When replacing the body height sensor in the air suspension system, or control module or when the vehicle level is incorrect, you need to perform this function to adjust the body height sensor for level calibration.
- AFS Reset: This feature is used to initialize the adaptive headlamp system.According to the ambient light intensity, the adaptive headlamp system may decide whether to automatically turn on the headlamps, and timely adjust the headlamp lighting angle while monitoring the vehicle speed and body posture.
- A/T Learning: This function can complete the gearbox self-learning to improve gear shifting quality. When the gearbox is disassembled or repaired (after some of the car battery is powered off), it will lead to shift delay or impact problem. In this case, this function needs to be done so that the gearbox can automatically compensate according to the driving conditions so as to achieve more comfortable and better shift quality.
- Sunroof Initialization: This function can set the sunroof lock off, closed when it rains,sliding / tilting sunroof memory function,temperature threshold outside the car etc.
- EGR Adaption: This function is used to learn the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve after it is cleaned or replaced.
- ODO Reset: ODO reset is to copy,write, or rewrite the value of kilometers in the chip of odometer by using a car diagnostic computer and data cable, so that the odometer shows the actual mileage.Usually when the mileage is not correct due to the damaged vehicle speed sensor or odometer failure, it is necessary to do ODo reset after maintenance.
- Transport Mode: In order to reduce power consumption, the following functions may be disabled,including limiting the vehicle speed, not waking up the door opening network, and disabling the remote control key, etc. At this time, the transport mode needs to be deactivated to restore the vehicle to normal.
- A/F Reset: This function is applied to set or learn Air/Fuel ratio parameters.
- Stop/Start Reset: This function is used to open or close the automatic start-stop function via setting the hidden function in ECU(provided that the vehicle has a hidden function and supported by hardware).
- NOx Sensor Reset: NOx sensor is a sensor used to detect the content of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in engine exhaust. lf the NOx fault is re-initialized and the NOx catalytic converter is replaced, it is necessary to reset the catalytic converter learned value stored in the engine ECU.
- AdBlue Reset (Diesel Engine Exhaust Gas Filter): After the diesel exhaust treatment fluid (car urea) is replaced or filled up, urea reset operation is required.
- Seat Calibration: This function is applied to match the seats with memory function that are replaced and repaired.
- Coolant Bleeding: Use this function to activate the electronic water pump before venting the cooling system.
- Tyre Reset: This function is used to set the size parameters of the modified or replaced tire.
- Windows Calibration: This feature is designed to perform door window matching to recover ECU initial memory, and recover the automatic ascending and descending function of power window.
- Language Change: This function is used to change the system language of the vehicle central control panel.
- Engine System Diagnoses: Quickly determine the cause of the Engine System, and turn off the warning light. It also retrieves current, permanent, and pending codes in the vehicle engine system, What's more, it also shows critical OBD II standard extended data, such as fuel, emissions data, and other real-time manufacturer-specific parameters in the engine system for making sure it works correctly and safely.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) Diagnoses: Read and clear the error code in the ABS and turn off the warning light. It retrieves ABS codes to make braking more smooth, consistent and safe. It also performs live data streams in the ABS that allow the user to monitor and diagnose critical ABS systems to ensure that repairs to this critical system are effective, and complete.
- SRS (Airbag) Diagnoses: Quickly retrieve, read and interpret SRS system issues and monitor SRS system functionality to rapidly diagnose, and repair, the cause of the issue. Once repaired, this automotive scanner will allow the code to be cleared and the SRS system to be tested, by the PCM, to ensure that the fixes are complete.
Besides, you can also do TCM(Transmission Control Module), BCM(Body Control Module) and IC(Instrument System) checks.
- 1 Thinkscan Max Tablet
- 1 Bluetooth Connector
- 1 User Manual
- 1 Activation Card
- 1 Data Cable
- 1 Charging Connector
- 1 Packing Box
- Question: Does this scanner support simplified Chinese?
- Answer: Dear Customer,
- This Thinktool car diagnostic tool can not support simplified Chinese. It supports 8 languages:English,French,Spanish,German,Russian,Italian,Portuguese,Japanese
- Question: Does this scan tool work brake bleeding for 2011 dodge charger?
- Answer: No it won't do brake bleeding for 2011 dodge charger.
- But it may do it for other car models.
1. THINKSCAN Max Introduction