Innova 3160g Pro is a comprehensive system diagnostic scanner with a 3.5-inch screen. It is one of the most advanced scanners on the market. The Innova 3160 can display real-time digital data and real-time graphics, as well as diagnose and reset inspection engine lights. ABS and SRS codes can be read and cleared. In addition, it supports discharge readiness testing and resetting of oil lamps and battery maintenance lights. The Innova 3160G is a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner. With its price range and features and tools, the Innova 3160G is a worthwhile device to buy in order to save time and cost.
- View and Export Live Data: View and export freeze frame data. It’s also got a big, clear display screen, an intuitive button setup, and a comprehensive English user manual.
- Read Reset Trouble Codes: Read and reset most manufacturer-specific diagnostic trouble codes (including ABS, oil, batteries, SRS, and more).Reset oil light on popular OBD2 vehicles. 3160g will save Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) & Live Data from the 3 previously scanned vehicles. Read and erase ABS & SRS trouble codes on most OBD2 domestic, Asian and European vehicles.
- Look and Feel: The Innova 3160g tool is a great-looking tool. It is sleek and stylish, allowing you to hold it comfortably and ergonomically in your hand. The casing also stands out from the screen so if it is dropped, the screen is unlikely to crack.
- Maximum Compatibility: Innova offers free software updates to make sure their scanners continue to work with the newest vehicles. The Innova 3160g can interface with every car made after 1996.Besides, Innova works hard to make sure that it’s programmed with the broadest possible array of manufacturer-specific trouble codes, which means that the Innova scan tool 3160g can help maintain virtually any vehicle on the market.
- Connection: The scanner is connected to your vehicle by a cable which can also be unattached from your device for better portability and storage. There is no Wi-Fi capability, but there is a Bluetooth connection available so you can use this scanner in conjunction with your phone or tablet. Connect to Bluetooth OBD2 app on another device.
- Reset Maintenance: Stream and record real-time live data to review at a later time via tool screen or windows computer. Read and clear check engine lights on any foreign or domestic 1996 and newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, and hybrids.
Click Check Amazon Today’s Offers
If you have an OBD2 car, you need one of these tools. It’s easy to use and displays codes as well as live data. It also saves results of scans. It even has a lighted connector to make finding the plug under the dash very easy. I/M readiness monitors are displayed as soon as the tool communicates with the car’s computer.
- It has an anti-lock brake system (ABS) which is meant to speed up the manner in which the braking system works. The hydraulic system improves it even further. This is further made to work with a combination of several sensors which enable the OBD2 coding easier.
- A safety/ supplement restraint system (SRS) which is in most common within the air bag. The system if fitted activates itself and is able to warn the vehicle occupants if there is a fault. This is usually in the form of a light sensor. When it blinks, the engine system is faulty and needs some action.
- Has a unique coding feature which makes it compatible with several models of vehicles ranging from the newer versions of the OBD2 scan to the older models.
- A live data relay system made possible by the enabled improvements through the society for automotive engineers (SAE). This helps the technician to be able to get the data quickly and in the process be able to act on the areas where there is fault.
- It has a relative light weight of 2.5 pounds, making it just a perfect driver companion.
- A USB data transfer mechanism which is possible through connection to any personal computer. This can also enable the technician print the OBD2 scanned data for further action.
- Innova 3160g Bluetooth App Compatibility
- It has a clear and concise accessory list all in a soft pouch; these include the ever important USB cable the OBD2 cable for connecting to the vehicle engine and a reference guide.
- It has a high compatibility ratio with several new OBD2 vehicle models and other known OBD1 models. The ability to decipher both manufacture specific and generic codes makes it rather fit within this category. However, certain emission restrictions are noted to exist with its use.
- Innova is great at updating software. With so many new vehicles being released, all with new components and new system codes, it is important that your device is able to read these codes. Innova is great at releasing software upgrades for the device.
- This device has all the functionality of an OBD2 device.
- You can read and reset trouble codes, read and reset most manufacturer-specific codes (including air braking systems, supplemental restraint system, batteries, oil, and much more), view and export live data, view, and export freeze frame data, and connect to another app via Bluetooth.
- This scanner is compatible with all OBD2 compatible vehicles from 1996 and later.
- While this scanner will read manufacturer codes also, it will not be able to read all of them.
- The scanner is also able to read multiple protocols, including ISO 9141, Keyword 2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, and CAN protocols.
- You can view the system data in English, French, and Spanish.
- The Repair Solutions software will help you to find the root cause of the problem and then give you options on how to fix problem.
- The software will help you to pinpoint where the problem is coming from and which parts need to be replaced.
|Features a well-lit 3.5-inch screen||Quite pricey compared to other entry-level Innova scan tools.|
|Has Bluetooth for wireless connectivity||Other than engine diagnostics, there’s no guarantee that other functions will work on a foreign car.|
|Supports ECM, ABS, SRS and EVAP system diagnostics||The Innova scanner is more complicated than a regular standalone scanner so it cannot be powered directly by the vehicle battery itself.|
|Gives data in numerical as well as graphical formats||The powerful device needs 3 AA batteries to power it.|
|Built with hotkeys for easy access to essential functions|
- Question: will it work on ford F-350 super duty with a 5.4 V8 gas engine?
Answer: Yes, the 3160g will work to read and clear the check engine light on a F-350 as long as that truck is OBD2 compliant. You can check whether it is OBD2 compliant by locating the VECI label under the hood or near the radiator.
- Question: Will it reprogram the bcm on a 2005 gmc canyon after replacing it
Answer: Unfortunately none of our diagnostic tools are bi-directional so they will not reprogram the BCM on any vehicle.