The TOPDON diagnostic tablet ArtiDiag800/AD800 makes excellent use of the most recent technological developments. If you want to have an effective, intuitive, and well-built diagnostic tool, it would probably be on the top of your shopping list.
We will give you everything you need to know about this device in this comprehensive review.
Anyway, first, let’s find out how it competes against other pro-level diagnostic scanners on the market.
TOPDON ArtiDiag800 would be a favorite for many technicians and DIYers in their toolboxes because it balances functionality and price almost perfectly.
How does it compare to other scanners of almost the same price range? Here's a Topdon ArtiDiag800 vs Topdon ArtiDiag800 BT(AD800 BT) vs Launch Crp909 vs AUTEL MK808BT comparison table( View table image ):
|Item Name||ArtiDiag800||ArtiDiag800 BT||CRP909||Autel MK808BT|
|Customer Rating||0||5 / 5||4 / 5||4.3 / 5|
|Best Deals Today||Check||Check||Check||Check|
|Screen Size||7" Color||5.99" Color||7" Color|
|Battery Voltage||√||Not support|
|All System Diagnostics||√|
|Live Data Stream||√|
The TOPDON ArtiDiag800 is the perfect compromise for the more advanced scanner ArtiDiag800BT/AD800BT. It offers almost the same professional functions as the ArtiDiag800BT, but falls short because it lacks a wireless VCI connection and the support for more reset and relearn services.
Yet, it has better hardware like bigger battery capacity and display screen, and more importantly, cheaper, making ArtiDiag800 the most practical of the five, especially for professional technicians or DIYers who are sensitive to the price tag.
Now let’s get down to its highlights.
Compared to TOPDON highly acclaimed AD500, AD600, and AD700, its predecessors, this new-released Android-based diagnostic scanner AD800 has a broader range of features.
They include all system diagnosis, an array of service and repair functions, Wi-Fi connectivity, touch screen, android tablet-like design, and so much more, that comes in handy if you have a workshop.
- OE-Level Car Scanner: 2021 new version; car software updated to 2018/2019/2020; suitable for cars, SUVs, minivans, 12V light-duty trucks.
- 15 Maintenance Services: this scan tool covers the most popular services to help get the car back to functional status after repair and maintenance. (Oil Reset, Injector Coding, Throttle Matching ...) Still growing.
- All System Diagnostic Tool: cover 15000+ car models worldwide to diagnose accessible crucial systems and subsystems. (Engine, Transmission, Airbag, ABS, ESP, TPMS, Immobilizer ...) Still growing.
- One-Touch Automatic VIN Retrieval: run automatic identification of vehicle make, model and year. Help match the proper diagnostic procedure for fast and accurate car diagnostics.
- One-Touch Software Update via Wi-Fi: to cover the most recent car makes and models. Free for 1 year.
- History Function: direct access to the previous diagnostic work.
- Feedback Function: get timely online technical assistance.
- Repair Info: check car coverage list, training videos, detailed DTCs explanations.
- Diagnostic Report: automatically generated to get expert advice, can be shared via email.
- DTC LookUp Library; Battery Voltage Monitor in real time; Graphic Live Data Stream display in text, graph and merged; Multilingual menu (EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, JP).
- 7” Touch Screen; 1.5GHz Quad-Core; 2G RAM/16G ROM; 6100mAh Battery.
Navigating the tablet is pretty simple, thanks to the 7-inch touch screen and an intuitive interface. The well-laid-out menu will lead you to all the supported functions, including 15 reset and relearn services that can help get your vehicle back to normal status after repair and maintenance.
Once you choose a function, it will walk you through the whole process, thanks to built-in onscreen instructions. You just need to follow commands, do operations, and view results in your car seat, and all work will be well done.
|1. Maintenance Light Reset||2. Steering Angle Reset||3. Injector Coding|
|4. Electronic Parking Brake Reset||5. ABS Bleeding||6. Throttle Matching|
|7. Battery Matching||8. DPF Regeneration||9. Anti-theft Matching|
|10. Tire Pressure Reset||11. Suspension Level Calibration||12. Headlight Matching|
|13. Gearbox Matching||14. Sunroof Initialization||15. Tooth Learning|
- 1.Reset the oil service lamp after changing the engine oil; Re-calculate the optimal oil life change interval for the engine oil maintenance being on schedule. **Cars from Toyota, Ford, and Mazda require manual operation.
- 2.Reset the steering angle to zero to keep the car running straight.
- 3.Write the new injector code into the car system for the correct cylinder injection quantity.
- 4.Help replace and reset the brake pad.
- 5.Help exhaust the air in ABS system in an easy way.
- 6.Initialize the throttle actuators to the default state.
- 7.Register the battery after replacement.
- 8.Help remove the particulate matter to keep the trap stable.
- 9.Disable any lost keys to prevent the car from being stolen, and add new keys. **ONLY available for cars with a low-level IMMO system. Check our T-Ninja1000 for locksmith-level key programming.
- 10.Reset the tire pressure.
- 11.Adjust the vehicle body height sensor for level calibration.
- 12.Initialize the adaptive headlamp system.
- 13.Help complete the gearbox self-learning to improve gear shifting quality.
- 14.Initialize the sunroof when to be locked off, or closed.
- 15.Help to finish tooth learning after changing crankshaft in the car engine.
As you would expect, the AD800 can run in-depth diagnostics across all accessible vehicle systems and electronics.
|For Engine||Poor lubrication, Failing oil pump, Oil deposits and debris, Inadequate fuel and air compression, Leaking engine coolant, Blocked engine radiators, Prolonged engine detonation, Damaged oxygen sensors, Aged spark plugs, etc.|
|For SRS||A bad seat belt, a corroded crash sensor, or some water intrusion in a connector, etc.|
|For ABS||Blown sensor fuse, Low brake fluids, and Faulty sensor, etc.|
|For Transmission||Grinding or shaking sensation in gear, Whining, humming or clunking noises, Burning smells, Gears slipping, Low or leaking transmission fluid, etc.|
|For TPMS||Low tire pressure, Faulty in tire pressure monitor control module, Unknown tire sensor, Failure to identify tire sensor, etc.|
[ Seats / Doors / Gateway / Steering Angle / Air Suspension / Body Systems / Electronic Power Steering & Motor Assisted / Power Steering / Rain Sensors / 4WD System …]
*The available systems vary by different cars.
This is probably one of the most concerned issues for any mechanics who demand productivity. The TOPDON ArtiDiag800 supports OBD2 test on most OBD1/OBD2/EOBD/JOBD/KOBD 12V Cars, SUVs, Light Trucks/Hybrids, and all systems diagnostics for 57+ car brands, 15000+ models worldwide after 2005.
The list includes all mainstream makes like Chrysler, Benz, BMW, Audi, Ford, Chevrolet, etc. That means you can use this scan tool on virtually any vehicle manufactured in 1996 and after.
It’s this kind of convenience that would make it a favorite for many professionals and DIYers.
Upgrading to the new diagnostic software release from TOPDON will see you benefit from improved productivity and more vehicle coverage than ever before.
The AD800 has a real-time notification upon the “update” icon, to notify the latest software version is ready for you. With just one touch, you will get improved features and expanded car coverage.
You need to notice that the successful upgrading requires a strong and stable Wi-Fi internet connection. The software upgrade is free for 1 year.
One of the best features of the TOPDON ArtiDiag800 is identifying a vehicle with one touch. You won't face the challenge of identifying the vehicle make, model, and manufacture year.
This is quite smart because the scan tool will automatically do the hard work for you, and head you towards the right path of diagnostics, with few operations.
Unfortunately this useful function is NOT available for all cars. If AutoVIN feature fails (rarely), you can still enter the vehicle’s details manually.
Not sure the part numbers of the faulty components?
This diagnostic tool can get direct access to the ECU information including the system mode, VIN code, software version, etc. to help you get the matched replacement for auto part.
The AD800 tends to have a larger storage capacity, higher hardware configuration, faster processor, the latest display technology, and a bigger battery than competitors sharing the same price tag on the market.
It is not just made to get the job done. The scanner is dedicatedly designed to withstand rough and tough use. It gives you a feeling that you could take it to hell and back, and it would still look as new.
While it can survive a heavy fall, you need to treat the tablet with care.
Inside the tablet is a 6000mAh rechargeable battery that provides 8+ hours of intensive backup. With a battery also being equipped as a backup system, the tablet could also be easily used if the engine of the vehicle would be switched off. This would thus help to increase the efficiency and also making it possible for data to be transmitted from a switched-off engine.
The total size of the scanner is 9.64*4.86*1.45 inches. That’s a perfect size for portability as well as storage.
Overall, it is a well-constructed device. You would be able to use this for an extended period without having to worry about it would turn to be an outdated tool.
|Basically all commonly-used diagnostic functions are featured.||NOT a bi-directional car scanner; no active test.|
|Fast speed and excellent multitasking.|
|Easy to use for anyone who knows how to operate a smartphone or tablet.|
|Lightweight and easy to store.|
This scanner is perfect for professional and DIY auto mechanics.
First, it is a great performer when it comes to diagnostics. It can read and display any available system data and make graphs out of it, for easier understanding, diagnose trouble codes, reveal pending trouble codes, and make a snapshot of the vehicle’s data right at the moment the fault appeared. Aside from the typical functions that you might expect, such as oil reset, there are plenty of others that are great additions to this diagnostic tool.
Secondly, it covers a wide variety of vehicles, including mainstreams car brands worldwide. Professional scan tools can diagnose and repair vehicles from dozens of manufacturers. The more cars and trucks you’re able to work on, the more potential customers you have nearby.
Thirdly, it is tailored for professional work. The solid construction, combined with the massive 16G memory that stores vehicle data, making it perfect for mechanical work.
Not all diagnostic code readers will serve you well as some have unnecessary features that you don’t need or are way above your budget. If you are looking for a pro-quality automotive diagnostic scan tool, TOPDON ArtiDiag800 is a wonderful option to consider.
Display: LCD 7-Inch, 1024*600
RAM: 2G, ROM 16G
Operating Voltage: 9~18V
Storage Temperature: -4℉~158℉ (-20℃~70℃)
Working Temperature: 32℉~122℉ (0℃~50℃)
Dimension: 9.64*4.86*1.45 inch (246*139.5*34mm)
Package size: 11.65*9.05*2.99 inch (296*230*76mm)
Length: 47.24 inch (1200mm)
Net Weight: 28.39oz (805g)
1*OBDII Diagnostic Cable
1*5V DC Charging Cable
1*Quick Start Guide
1* User's Manual