Keeping your vehicle’s batteries charged obviously extends their lifespans, and knowing the health of your car battery can be helpful if you want to avoid being stranded from a dead battery.
Today in this article we will take a look of the recently released Bluetooth battery tester TOPDON BTMobile ProS, to read the power level of a typical 12-volt battery so you know when it's time to recharge or replace it.
It is a worthwhile investment that would help maintain your batteries and ultimately save you money.
TOPDON BTMobile ProS is a wireless battery tester that connects to iOS8.0 / Android4.3 phones or tablets via Bluetooth.
It adopts the conductance testing technology to effectively help maximize the performance of your 12V vehicles, giving clear and in-depth information about the battery health, alternator’s charging, and starter’s cranking status.
One remarkable thing is its detailed built-in battery library, accessible for technicians, professionals, and DIYers when needed most.
- Wireless Battery Tester: easy to connect via Bluetooth 4.2 & 3.0; test lead-acid battery (12V, 100-2000 CCA), starter, alternator wirelessly on your Android 5.0 & iOS 8.0, or newer smart phones / tablets.
- Battery Coverage: regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral, GEL and EFB.
- Battery Rating: CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE, GB.
- Test Result: CCA value/rating, voltage, internal resistance, state of health (SOH), and state of charge (SOC).
- Work For: 12V motor vehicles, RVs, light trucks, motorcycles, boats, ATVs and more.
- Conductance Technology: for quick and accurate test result display in seconds.
- Convenient Test: in vehicle – no need to remove the battery; out of vehicle – can test the independent battery.
- Battery Library: quickly pinpoint the suitable battery for a specific vehicle.
- Safe Operation: spark-proof technology, reverse polarity and overvoltage protection for peace of mind; larger-sized clamps covered by ABS material for a more secure fit.
- Data Record: check all previous test results stored in the system.
- 3 LED Indicator: green – power on; blue – Bluetooth connection; red – error.
- Compact Design: fits right in the palm of hand; an excellent addition in the glove box.
- Multilingual Menu: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Russian.
- Suitable For: automobile factory, garage, auto battery manufacturer, and DIY enthusiasts, etc.
Thanks to advanced conductance testing technology, this car battery tester displays more precise data, and only needs few seconds to finish the test that usually would take much longer with old-school battery testers.
This small yet powerful 12V lead-acid battery tester can widely test regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral, GEL, and EFB batteries.
Multiple rating systems are supported: CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE, and GB, being ideal for a range of vehicles including motor vehicles, RVs, light trucks, motorcycles, boats, ATVs and more.
As a wirelessly battery tester, BTMobile ProS doesn’t work alone. It pairs with Android 5.0 & iOS 8.0, or newer smart devices via Bluetooth. So you can move around the vehicle, rev the engine and operate load controls, while viewing the commands and results on your phones or tablets.
The maximum Bluetooth range is 30 ft. / 10 m away.
It also can check and analyze the charging system (generator, rectifier, rectifier diode, etc.) status, to check if your battery is getting enough juice from the alternator to stay charged.
The diode ripple test can see if there is any issue with the voltage regulator in the alternator.
For the cranking test, this 12V battery tester will display the cranking voltage, and the cranking time in milliseconds, to check if the electrical system is getting enough power to start the engine.
The cranking voltage < 9.6V is abnormal, normally due to a low battery or a loose or corroded battery cable connection.
It can show data as CCA value/rating, voltage, internal resistance, state of health (SOH), and state of charge (SOC) to keep a close eye for any signs of battery weakness.
And you can take the battery to any auto center but probably would have the same result.
How to find the suitable battery for your car?
Go to “Battery Library”. Simply enter your make, model, and year, and you will have the answer.
This will save you hours of research online, or the visit to a mechanic.
This battery tester gets power directly from the detected battery, making your work a lot easier as you can either test the independent battery out of the vehicle, or test the installed battery under the hood.
This is a great design for those who need to check their automotive batteries on the regular.
If you’re not an English speaker, or don’t understand English well, you can always switch this battery tester’s language to French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Japanese, or Russian, back and forth as demand.
This IP54 rated battery tester features built-in short circuit, reverse polarity and overvoltage (<28 volts) protection, to safeguard users, the vehicle, the battery and the device itself throughout the operation.
Also, the clamps are reinforced with all-metal construction, covered with high-quality ABS, no-melt and smoke-free.
1.Search “BT MOBILE PRO” on App Store or Google Play to download and install App.
2.Correctly connect the clamps to battery’s terminals (red to positive; black to negative).
3.Follow the in-app instructions, and allow App to use your location for successful Bluetooth connection.
There you go.
You can quickly take control of this battery tester. Menus and procedures are easy to follow in a logical path, making sure your car batteries are always working at an optimum level so you won’t get stuck somewhere, especially when it is going into the cold or hot season.
In the package: 1* BTMobile ProS Wireless Battery Tester; 1*User Manual.
You may discover this wireless Bluetooth battery tester BTMobile ProS.
Just need 1 minute to evaluate your battery, alternator, and starter’s conditions with proven test results, thanks to the advanced conductance testing technology.
You can just follow commends, do operations, and view results inside of your car without a second man’s help.
Q. IS A BATTERY TESTER SIMPLE TO READ?
A. With the right display screen and user manual, it's pretty easy to use a tester to read the power level of any battery. Some testers, however, offer more advanced readouts and functions and may have a learning curve.
Q. HOW DO I CONNECT A BATTERY TESTER?
A. Most testers are designed to connect directly to the battery terminals where it can complete the circuit with the battery itself.
Q. ARE BATTERY TESTERS ACCURATE?
A. Accuracy varies from tester to tester. In general, accuracy tends to increase with higher price tags.