Veepeak ObdCheck BLE+ is a wireless OBD2 scanner that is simple to set up and is compatible with a wide range of applications with vehicles. It is a lightweight and compact car diagnostic tool that comes with a carrying case so you can easily take it on the road. You can plug the OBDCHECK BLE+ directly into the vehicle and connect via Bluetooth to the OBD II app on your iOS or Android device, and you can always turn it on to check the engine indicator or see how the car is running.
- Works With IOS & ANDROID: Latest model with support for more AT commands (requires app support), optimized firmware and reduced power consumption. You can have access to your mobile data on iOS and Android when phone is connected to the scanner.
- Software and Updates: The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ works with Android and iOS devices. Updates to apps are automatic through your phone or tablet. It is fully-updated to the latest protocols, as well.
- Easy to Plug in & unplug: won't obstruct legroom. Comes with mini carrying case. Perfect tool for car owners to check their cars at home or on the go.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Works with 1996 and newer cars, SUVs, MPVs, mini vans and light trucks sold in the United States.
- Check why the Check Engine Light is on: The OBDCheck BLE+ helps you read the error codes causing the check engine light to come on. You may then find out what the possible causes are and fix simple problems by yourself and reset the light, potentially saving you a trip to a garage and hundreds of dollars. When you need to bring your car to a mechanic, it also gives you a peace of mind.
- Compatible with IOS & Android VIA Bluetooth: Unlike normal Bluetooth adapters that only work with Android, the OBDCheck BLE+ supports Bluetooth LE in order to work with IOS devices. It is better than WiFi versions with much lower power consumption while allowing you to have access to internet for other apps via your cellular data without complex setting.
- Diagnostics: Read diagnostic trouble codes with definitions and freeze frame data. Reset check engine light. View oxygen sensor test results (Mode 05) and on-board diagnostic monitors test results (Mode 06).
- Robust Advanced Features: The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ has robust advanced features. Its customizable dashboard is an excellent touch, letting you choose which sensor readings you see. Besides, you can track your gas mileage and see graphs of live data. You can even re-program and customize the engine computer, though you’ll need to pair it with an app that supports that function.
It connected to my iPhone with no issues and worked very reliably. The little case that the adaptor comes in is very handy for keeping the adaptor nice and safe whilst not in use.
- Overall Features And Functions: You can read and clear diagnostic trouble codes causing the check engine light to illuminate. It supports other OBD2 diagnostics, including smog checks, oxygen sensor tests, and freeze frame data.
- Check Engine Yourself: Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, reset Check Engine Light, view I/M readiness for SMOG check and real-time sensor readings (O2 Readings, EOT, EGT, Throttle, Boost, Speed, Fuel Trim, etc.) using your phone or tablet.
- Universal Vehicle Compatibility: Works with all OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (in the United States, vehicles since year 1996 are supported, no brand limitation). Supports all five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Dashboards: Display, graph and log real-time sensor reading. Monitor fuel economy. Create you own dashboard and select the PIDs that you want to see.
- SMOG Check: Check whether your vehicle is ready for emissions testing.
- Retrieve vehicle information such as the VIN and calibration IDs.
- Do More: With extensive third-party OBD2 Apps available on App Store and Google Play, you can get advanced features like enhanced diagnostics and PIDs on selected vehicles, examine the battery in hybrid & electric vehicles, customize and service selected vehicles, etc.
- Gives real-time sensor readings through your smart phone.
- Use with a wide array of third-party apps.
- Compatible with the latest ELM327 v2.2 commands.
- Supports all OBD2 compliant vehicles and OBD2 protocols.
- Easy plug-and-play operation.
- Customizable dashboard shows PIDs you need.
- Works on electric, hybrid, and diesel engines.
- Graphs live sensor data.
|Affordable Bluetooth OBD2 diagnostic tool||Avoiding issues with iOS devices|
|Support for hybrid and electric cars||Older Bluetooth technology|
|ELM327 v2.2 supported commands|
- Enhanced diagnostics and PIDs on Toyota, Lexus, Ford, Nissan, FCA (OBD Fusion).
- BMW and mini coding (not suitable for G series and model before 2008).
- BMW diagnostics, sensor reading, battery registration and DPF regeneration (2008+, BimmerLink).
- Diagnose and customize selected Audi, VW, Toyota, Lexus, BMW vehicles (Carista OBD2).
The speed on the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ is very high, so we recommend this product for people who want an efficient diagnosis. Both mechanics and DIYers come into this category. Therefore, anyone that owns a car compliant with CAN, KWP2000, ISO91412, J1850 VPW, and J1850 PWM protocols may utilize this tool.
- Question: What is the difference between this $39.99 model and the identical-looking $31.99 model, besides the price?
Answer: I had the same question. Here's what their support said: For BLE and BLE+, basically the difference is the commands they support and the BLE+ is compatible with the latest ELM327 v2.2 version commands (only v1.4 for the BLE). However, it requires the support from the App/software and few apps have deployed these new commands. For most vehicles and apps (except for some Toyota using OBD Fusion), BLE is enough and will work the same.
- Question: Does this work for 2007.5 lmm duramax turbo diesel
Answer: Can't say if it works for this particular model. It more of depends on the app you will be using. I tried a few apps in Google Play store. Various apps have different features. So I would say, check the compatibility of the "2007.5 lmm duramax turbo diesel" with ELM327 / OBD2 supported or not. If supports, then I think it more or less depends on the app. Because, usually car makers OBD2 protocol decoding database are not public. Whichever app decodes the most, is the best !