The Veepeak VP30 scanner effectively reads and clears the code in all OBD-II/EOBD compliant vehicles. And gives you easy and fast access to the engine diagnostic fault codes and their definitions for all OBDII compatible cars and light trucks. The device is affordable and powerful, retrieves much of the same information as large and expensive readers, identifies engine fault codes, and makes it easy to determine the reason for checking engine lights. And it has the advantage of small size and easy to carry.
- Check Engine Light Diagnostics: When you have a Check Engine Light (or Service Engine Soon) on your vehicle, you can use the OBDCheck VP30 to read the error codes, find out what the codes means, and perhaps locate the problem and fix it before taking the vehicle to dealer or a garage.
- Cost-efficient solution: supports generic, pending codes and manufacturer's specific codes. Retrieves same information as expensive scanners; great entry-level OBD2 scanner for check engine light diagnostics.
- Retrieve I/M Readiness Status：I/M Readiness shows whether the various emissions-related systems on the vehicle are operating properly and are ready for inspection testing. You can use the OBDCheck VP30 to check if required OBD-II monitors are set before taking it to smog, saving time and trouble going back and forth.
- Save time and money: read engine trouble codes, fix simple problems and reset check engine light by yourself before visiting a mechanic.
- Wide Vehicle Coverage: works with OBD-II/EOBD compliant cars, SUVs, light trucks (year 1996 and newer in the US, no brand limitation); Supports the five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Simple to use: stand-alone unit without the need for an additional laptop or cellphone to operate; no App/software to purchase; no batteries needed
- Generic trouble code (P0xxx) definitions are included in the user manual. NOT for other systems such as abs, airbag, tpms, etc.
- Easy to Use: Just plug in, turn the ignition ON and connect. No smart phone, computer or software is required and no batteries is needed - it's powered by the OBD II connector. OBD II generic Diagnostic Trouble Code (P0xxx) definitions included in the manual.
I bought this for my husband, he likes gadgets(Imagine that). None of our vehicles had check engine light but he had to try it out anyway. So far it has worked on a Dart, Expedition and a Chevy Van. The Directions were kind of hidden between the packaging in the blister pack and almost got thrown away.
- It can identify the engine trouble code for the hassle and erase trouble code later. It also checks the DTCs code and definitions for them.
- It can review the I/M readiness of your car.
- This is a cost effective solution as it functions like many expensive scanners. This is one of the cheapest scanners around.
- There is no battery needed to operate this scanner. Power is your car battery. Just plug this scanner into your OBD2. In addition, it can be operated without an additional device such as a laptop or cell phone. The device can also be used with additional equipment and software.
- It comes with a 30 day guarantee. The manufacturer also offers a one year replacement warranty.
The OBDCheck VP30 is a great basic OBD II diagnostic scan tool that can be used to diagnose the check engine light. It’s easy to use – plug into your vehicle’s 16-pin OBDII DLC (wait for it to display “OBDCheck VP30”), turn the ignition on and connect. Then you are ready to go.
- Works with domestic and imported cars & light trucks that are OBD II compliant (Year 1996 and newer in the US).
- Supports all standard OBD II protocols: CAN (ISO 15765-4), KWP2000 (ISO 14230-4), ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Supports multiple trouble code requests: generic codes, pending codes and manufacturer’s specific codes
- Reviews the emission readiness status of OBD monitors
- Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification No.) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9
- Easy-to-read crystal-clear backlit 2-line LCD display
- Safely communicates with the vehicle on-board computer
- Stand-alone unit without the need for an additional laptop or cellphone to operate
- No batteries needed — powered by attached OBD II cable
|Can help clear the CEL||Display fail error at times even after successfully clearing the code|
|Offers emission status test||Has no inbuilt battery|
|Can help request generic, manufacturer’s codes, and even pending code||The link error is annoying as it pops up|
|Retrieves the VIN for cross-check of condition|
Unlike other scanners that are complex to use, VeePeak VP30 is designed with simplicity for ease of use. The two buttons can help you navigate from one feature to another, and you will able to clear codes with a single push of a button.
- 1 x Veepeak OBDCheck VP30 with fixed 2ft cable
- 1 x User Manual with generic DTC definitions (P0001-P0999) included.
- Question: Funciona en otro país que no sea Estados Unidos?
Answer: Sí, debería funcionar en cualquier automóvil que tenga un puerto OBD2 sin importar dónde se encuentre.
- Question: Why is it that my vp30 that I just purchased will not clear my code...it continues to fail for my 2004 Honda Odyssey
Answer: Not sure what you mean by "fail", but if the problem is not fixed the code will come back and it will fail an inspection until the code does not reoccur for a certain amount of time.